News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bettman and the higher ups are probably on the phone now with city staff telling them to fix this mess.

Isn't it all just a moot point? With his upcoming surgery he'll never actually attend any meetings or make any kind of impact other than shocking us all that he was actually appointed.

I think Cox said 3 times a year. It's definitely a nothing posting but at the same time it's high profile because it's the Hall of Fame.

Would there be a scheduled meeting before May 11? If not, it was a waste of an appointment.

ennifer Pagliaro @jpags
For the record, the striking committee - made up of Tory executive members - recommended Ford be on HOF board alongside Holyday & Grimes.

Ford wanted to be on several boards, including one related to alcohol of all things.

In other news:

Cori Ferguson
@coriferguson
Rob Ford wants assurances council will hold a by-election at a time of his choosing if he resigns seat for Doug's appt. BAHAHAHAHA #topoli

Last edited:
Would there be a scheduled meeting before May 11? If not, it was a waste of an appointment.

Ford wanted to be on several boards, including one related to alcohol of all things.

I wonder what the role entails when there are only 3 meetings a year? Oh to be a fly in the wall during meetings, and even more, after meetings when everyone talks about him!

I will be interested in how Tory responds to this, since his executive committee agreed to this.

Rob could very well not survive the operation. They could hold the BBQ in his memory.

They could make it a Hawaiian affair with kālua pig, poi, and Dougie and Mammo in grass skirts. :D

I will be interested in how Tory responds to this, since his executive committee agreed to this.

I find this faux outrage amusing considering I posted back on Dec 3/14 in J Tory thread R Ford's appointments including HHoF as recommended by the Striking Committee...If there was real outrage to the appointment, it could have voided at the Dec 3/14 City Council meeting ST1.1 could have been put on hold and an amendment passed to substitute R Ford's name (there were 9 other Councillors who expressed interest)...however that did not happen...It shows to go people really have to keep a close eye on agendas otherwise crap will pass....

Last edited:
I think Cox said 3 times a year. It's definitely a nothing posting but at the same time it's high profile because it's the Hall of Fame.

How many board and committee seats in total do councillors have to fill? It sounds like there are so many that most councillors wind up on a few they have no interest or desire to be on. Who was it that wound up on the heritage board without even knowing it?

The HHOF is probably a great place for Ford since it sounds like the board at large does little more than rubber stamp the budget.

@reporterdonpeat: Rob Ford wore a tie with all the NHL team logos on it (like his notorious NFL tie) to the Hockey Hall of Fame meeting last month #TOpoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back