News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

C

castlestorm

Hey, i'm new to Toronto.. kinda. Anyhow, I got tickets to Rogers Picnic, has anyone gone before or is anyone going this year and what should i expect?
Will it be a good time or super lame out door garbage sound with lame people slingin mud? haha

thanks!

The bands seem pretty promising. There will probably be a beer tent where they serve Molson Canadian in a plastic cup for $7 and you can expect to be gouged up to 3 dollars to eat Our Compliments hot dogs, but beyond that you should have a pretty good time.

If they had found a better headliner I might have got tickets, but City and Colour just doesn't cut it. At least Olympic Island got Death Cab and Stars. Overall it should be good, with a few bands with some buzz right now, but I really can't see why anyone would stick around until the end.

cool

Sounds cool, well I gots tickets and I do like City & Colour too.. more so than Death Cab or Stars.

Anyone else gonna go?

I went last year and it was pretty good. The only thing is that this years line up is not as good. If you want to go to a music festival in Toronto, go to the Virgin Festival - which has a great line up....

Fork York is a cool venue but like any event like that, you can't bring in a backpack with waterbottles, a lunch or anything - they want you to purchase every from them so they can double there money selling $3.50 bottles of no name water.

But if you are new to the city, go for it. The view of Toronto in the background is totally worth it.

Never been, but seems like a decent enough event.

Indeed, the line-up is pretty diverse, but lacks a proper headliner. Moreover, many of my faves -- Dizzee Rascal, Animal Collective and Chromeo -- are too early in the day.

I find it funny how they call it a "picnic" though, yet not allow you to bring anything into the grounds. Oh Ontario.

Back