News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Update: Another customer at Found Coffee this morning have decided that this stretch of Dundas West is now ‘Roncy Triangle!’

And Vegemite for breakfast!

View attachment 561333

Hmmm.... I should check that out. As a HUGE fan of Marmite, I kept asking for Vegemite for Christmas/birthday/whatever. When I finally got some, I was surprised at how much I did NOT like it, and how different it was from Marmite. Was wondering if the jar had gone bad or something (expiry was quickly approaching).

Found is a great, high quality cafe but this new location is sadly lacking in seating, compared to their other two (Kensington & Bellwoods). There is a high top counter with four chairs inside, and two bistro tables with four chairs outside, although I found sitting facing the noise of Dundas W undesirable when I was recently there.

Found is a great, high quality cafe but this new location is sadly lacking in seating, compared to their other two (Kensington & Bellwoods). There is a high top counter with four chairs inside, and two bistro tables with four chairs outside, although I found sitting facing the noise of Dundas W undesirable when I was recently there.
Ok, so that location is definitely disqualified as a COZY CAFE.

Little update: there is a rumour that Fran’s may go into 2111 Dundas West. On a more concrete note a Sicilian bakery/café is going into the ground-floor of the condo building on the north side of Howard Park east of Roncy.
I wonder if they'd be 24 hours here. They no longer are downtown due to homeless-related issues.

I wonder if they'd be 24 hours here. They no longer are downtown due to homeless-related issues.

When did that change, they still seemed to be open 24 hours last I checked ?

Toronto’s historic Revue Cinema could close as early as Sunday over lease dispute

One of Toronto’s most iconic and beloved cinemas could be closing as soon as this Sunday.

In a social media post, Revue Cinema said it has been unable to secure a renewal of its lease past June 30, 2024.

“While we continue to attempt to negotiate in good faith with our landlord, we are unsure if we will be able to open past June 30. In the event of a disruption, ticket holders, event rentals and members will be reimbursed.”

The cinema at 400 Roncesvalles Avenue first opened in 1912 and is a designated heritage site.

It’s also Toronto’s oldest standing movie theatre that’s still in use.

Its website describes it as a “unique Toronto cultural treasure with a vibrant historic past and an unwavering community commitment.”

“We are dedicated to presenting programs which appeal to wide-ranging audiences of different age groups, diverse backgrounds and varying interests that reflect the ever-changing local community and the Greater Toronto Area.”

The cinema says it programs over a thousand screenings per year.

According to the Architectural Conservancy of Ontario, “the Revue almost closed for good in 2007 when its marquee collapsed under the weight of a heavy snowfall. Thanks to the formation and fundraising efforts of the Revue Film Society, the cinema reopened that same year as a not-for-profit enterprise …”

Back