News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I couldn't find any Nov 2022 concepts, and I couldn't find a thing about 2-way traffic on the Walterdale.

What are you imbibing? :p
I'm not drinking anything just yet.

Scroll down and you'll find the link to the concept labelled "Rossdale Transportation Network Concept Plan".

The 2 way traffic would be for the high level refurbishing apparently.

I looked at the concept plan and the Walterdale is still one-way traffic

1719629409235.png

1719629467545.png

I meant to write 1-way when referring to the Nov 2022 concept. That's where my confusion came from. I was asking if you knew about any updates plans to 2-way traffic that the COE mentioned in that release. My bad.

FWIW the Walterdale Bridge needs to handle 2-way traffic.
Another missed opportunity, Edmonton - how many more?

Does anyone know whether the 2 sets of stairway on McDonald Drive that anre east of the Chateau Lacombe and south of Telus will ever be replaced?

I was watching the flashing red and white lights in the old power plant tonight before the fire works. It looked hauntingly beautiful, it is a shame this space is still unused and empty for so long.

I wish if the government can't get it together and figure out what to do with the old power plant building that they would just lease it to someone who could.

The lack of initiative and squandering what could be a jewel for the area is becoming embarrassing to the city.

One of the weaknesses of Edmonton is we are not good dealing with bigger old buildings. I suspect in part because we don't have very many here we don't have the knowledge base or experience here to deal with repurposing them that other places do. So hopefully someone in a position to do something is paying attention to these good examples from elsewhere.

^BS.

There is immense talent in the city to do something with these, but no political will, little vision and a complex site in this case.

^BS.

There is immense talent in the city to do something with these, but no political will, little vision and a complex site in this case.
The only thing some in government love more than complexity is inertia.

Back