News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

As for the atrium, you think they could relocate their half-used trading floor to another space and open the atrium back up - open it up already you bastards!!!

p5

Have they redone the food court? It is (was) by far the crappiest of the big tower food courts.

As for the atrium, you think they could relocate their half-used trading floor to another space and open the atrium back up - open it up already you bastards!!!

p5

Hopefully once the new RBC tower is complete, they'll be able to relocate their trading floor and open up the atrium. Wishful thinking, but it seems logical.

Here's the more or less finished product:

canonpics454ye9.jpg

That actually looks really nice. Definitely an improvement, even if it is to prevent bomb trucks from ploughing into the building?

Aren't they just status symbols - intended to create the impression that your corporation is sooooo important that Osama's just itching to fly a bus into your lobby?

Judging by the distance the columns are set apart, they're expecting an attack by a semi tractor trailer full of bombs, rather than the more common car/minivan/courrier truck bomb. They must have really pissed someone off!

I'm getting some, shaped like Doric columns, outside my place. I've never trusted the Greek family across the street.

Judging by the distance the columns are set apart, they're expecting an attack by a semi tractor trailer full of bombs, rather than the more common car/minivan/courrier truck bomb. They must have really pissed someone off!

All of the banks have done this since 9/11. Scotia and CIBC both now have planters along King Street. TD has stone benches along King.

As has been pointed out, the new RBC 'obstacles' might keep out a semi-trailer but......, was their architect influenced by André Maginot? We want answers!

Back