News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The rumour has existed for a while. I really hope the Toronto Coach Terminal move is a part of whatever happens on that site.

what's with the 'supertall' demand. i'm all for towers - but why such a push for 'supertalls'. have you ever considered that supertalls compress development into one site, and absorb all new demand into one location. supertalls may very well be the reason that Toronto's downtown is littered with parking lots. i would much rather see every parking lot built with a 5-10 storey building than 1 supertall and 9 surface parking lots. towers don't make cities.

Toronto doesn't have any supertall buildings yet, nor is the downtown littered with parking lots. And the parking lots left downtown couldn't accommodate sprawling 5 to 10 story buildings, those type of buildings are better suited for suburbs, or outside the downtown core. There is high demand for office and condo's developments downtown and obviously they have no trouble filling these 50,60,70 story office towers and condo's. It's not like the market is going to dry up with supertalls if anything it will attract more business and condo buyers to the city

Let's hope they go through with this rumored design ... it would be like the modern version of Chicago's John Hancock Centre which is an impressive building to say the least.

That parking lot won't be there for much longer no matter what happens you would think.

Let's hope they go through with this rumored design ... it would be like the modern version of Chicago's John Hancock Centre which is an impressive building to say the least.

That parking lot won't be there for much longer no matter what happens you would think.

defenitely jhc is one of my favourite buildings, being realistic about height i think maybe 240-260 meters and thats being gracious. after thinking it through i don't think toronto is going to get a supertall proposed until at least 2020

The version that looks like Hancock is no the actual proposal. It was only a fantasy drawing to market the property. The second proposal is the real one.

Back