News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the NEW Sapphire... this just in.

It’s time!!!

We have now completed the new floor-plans for the studios and one bedroom suites in the new . (The larger suites, with 2 to 5 bedrooms, will be completed by the end of the week). During the next three weeks (until September 30, 2006), we will be executing revised Agreements of Purchase and Sale that will confirm your suite in the new project.
Please bear in mind the following important points;
Every purchaser will be offered a new suite that is equivalent or greater in size than their original choice, with an equivalent or better view.

The purchase price of the suite will be the price on your original agreement, although these suite types will subsequently be offered to the public after September 30, 2006, at higher prices.

Within 60 days of executing the new Agreement, a deposit of at least 5% of [the original value] must be in place.

The deposits will increase over a period of one year to 20% of the purchase price.

Note that the 'extended payment program' (of multiple 1% payments) will not be offered due to changes in the Condominium Act.

You may choose to upgrade your suite or combine several units into one larger (2 bedroom + suite), in which case a credit will be allowed for the retail price of your new suite against the price of the new alternate suite.

As noted, after September 30, 2006 we will be commencing public sales of the suites. Please ensure that you have confirmed your new suite by that date , as we anticipate that selection will rapidly decrease after that date.

For a limited time, we will extend to existing purchasers the 'Insider Program' whereby you may purchase a suite at effectively 50% of retail value, provided that the [reduced] purchase price is immediately paid in full. These funds are being directly invested into the project and not held in trust. Such funds become part of the mezzanine financing program and are secured through participation in a mortgage on the project lands, which accrues interest at 18%. The full construction and development program is anticipated to last from 3 to 4 years and during that period at 18% - the funds will effectively double in value. Please appreciate that by doing so, one is making a business investment with inherent risks. For full details on the Insider Program, contact Sean Stewart at sean.stewart@onekingwest.com or 416-548-8115.

During the next few days we will be forwarding to you the new layouts. Please confirm that you wish to proceed with the Purchase and we will forward new Purchase documents for execution.

Regards,

Harry Stinson

This man is a genius... he must be 'cause I didn't understand any of that and I got good grades until I discovered maryjane.

I'm mystified also, and I read it three times.
...and 5 bedrooms?!

In my job at the bank I had a customer bring a cheque from 1 King West. Her investment firm ownes a couple suites, and they seemed quite happy with their purchase and were looking forward to the Sapphire Tower.

The Harry does have his following.

the new following

Soon Harry will be turned into a Torontonian God floating above city hall, zipping by the cn tower, and flying through the valleys , while all of us are making shrines of Harry . Forget everything else in your life and just concentrate on Harry from now on.

j/k

Harry

he's cool tho, at least hes different and not boring like the other same old same old.

Re: Harry

I still remember the old "Graphic Arts Tower" 55 floors and 500 ft with approval from City Hall to go at this site almost 3 years ago.

Re: Harry

The new tower (if it ever gets to be a tower) should be called "Morph."

Hah!

"This man is a genius... he must be 'cause I didn't understand any of that and I got good grades until I discovered maryjane."

:lol

Re: Hah!

Well Dominion Club just tanked, from the Globe:

Clash of views cited in club closing

JOHN BARBER

Most members would have considered resigning. But when colourful developer-hotelier Harry Stinson became frustrated with the "chemistry" of the Dominion Club that occupies his restored banking palace at 1 King St. W., less than a year after its opening, he shut the place down.

"We got 300 out of the several thousand members we anticipated, and the thing is already dysfunctional," he said, adding that he has been "exhausted" trying to mediate their competing visions of what the club should be.

"It just is not working out," he said. "The chemistry is not there."

The resplendent former headquarters of the Dominion Bank will continue in operation as a restaurant and event facility, according to Mr. Stinson. In the meantime, he is attempting to placate angry former members either by refunding their recently deposited entrance fees, offering them alternative investments in his empire or even a $6,200 credit on their bar bills.

"Democracy has its downside," Mr. Stinson admitted after winding up the city's newest private club. Some members resented the fact that the facilities were open to short-term tenants of the adjoining condominium-hotel that Mr. Stinson manages.

"We had significant friction between the formals and the informals," he said. "Some members have been very vocal in saying that they resented having schlocky hotel guests in their fancy club."

Now only Mr. Stinson's investors will have a chance to complain. He estimates that the cost of buying back memberships will be more than $1-million.

"We're having to go and borrow it," he said.

The original plans for the historically designated banking hall envisioned it becoming a theatre, and Mr. Stinson enlisted impresario David Mirvish as a partner in its restoration and the development of the adjoining condo-hotel.

When that plan died, the developer entered negotiations to sell it to the Ontario Club, which operates in rented premises nearby.

Now, according to Mr. Stinson, it will compete with the successful Carlu, another suite of historic rooms that has become one of the city's most popular places to stage large private gatherings

AoD.

What's amazing is that 300 bought into the idea in the first place.

Hah!

Wow!. I think its safe to say, if you are involved with Stinson in any way, GET OUT!

This is what i'm doing with my Sapphire Tower contract.

^ it's too bad you had your investment tied up for so long and missed out on some other opportunities.

The Harry Empire is crumbling. Me thinks the show will be mighty entertaining considering how fun it's been to watch him come up with various financing schemes.

This latest one is the best ever. He'll sell you a unit at half-price, but the cash goes into the pot, secured against the property. Ouch.

Dude, seriously, if you can't get the project financed in a more traditional way, the reason isn't because the bankers aren't willing to look outside the box, it's because the project is not feasible.

The man is a legend. This impeding implosion will only cement his status as the greatest real estate huckster this city has ever seen.

Someone explain to me how 1 King ever got built with this guy at the helm. Oh, wait...didn't Harry say he lost control of the projetc that and Mirvish and his gang essentially took over? That explains it...people with business sense made it happen.

Poor Harry...the way he's going lately it'll be back to the kid's birthday parties and animal balloons soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back