News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Did anyone else see this yet? I think it's an awesome idea and we should advocate to it to happen! https://www.utoronto.ca/news/scarbo...rld-s-best-road-trail-systems-researchers-say

The idea there isn't yet a concrete proposal, but it is very do-able conceptually and parts of it are already moving forward.

The Meadoway is already mostly in place, with some residual missing links needing to be filled.

There is already a plan to do the same for the Finch Hydro Corridor and City Cycling is waiting on Hydro One to sign off, (which they previously did..... long story)..... but suffice to say, if HONI says 'go' the City will have crews building it next year.

The Taylor Creek Trail through the Dentonia Golf Course is being worked through as an idea; though it won't have a clean connection at Victoria Park to the existing trail, as the creek passes through a culvert there.

Warden Hydro Corridor is being looked at; and there is conceptual work done for some of missing Waterfront Trail as well.

What's new here, is the proposal for the lands along the concrete channel portions of Highland Creek, largely north of Lawrence Avenue; and the Rouge Park bit.

On the former, I'd be highly supportive, though w/o seeing concept designs, I think the land area may be quite tight in spots to actually be free of expropriation; On Rouge, I'd be inclined to say no, as paved bike trails through the valley would be disruptive to nature. I think sticking to cycle tracks next to existing roads, such as Meadowvale, Steeles, Reesor and Plug Hat would make more sense.

I see there are detailed maps available for the proposal if you follow the link tree to here:

I will have a look-see later.

The full Report is here:

Last edited:

Back