News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

So Popeyes went ahead and disfigured the lovely heritage building at Christie and Dupont (previously a Starbucks, who treated it with far greater respect):
View attachment 435124
Here is what it used to look like - possibly (??) they have not finished?

1666820073407.png

I'm not sure what "woke" might mean in this context, but does City Hall have anything to say about painting the exterior of a building?

But it does look unfinished, based on the fringes of the window domes.

So Popeyes went ahead and disfigured the lovely heritage building at Christie and Dupont (previously a Starbucks, who treated it with far greater respect):
View attachment 435124

This paint job, even if unfinished, is one of the worst renovations of a heritage building I've seen in years. To take a beautiful red-brick facade with wonderful contrasting grey limestone details and to mar it this way suggests a profound lack of judgment from a property management standpoint.

Last edited:
This paint job, even if unfinished, is one of the worst renovations to a heritage building I've seen in years. To take a beautiful red-brick facade with wonderful contrasting grey limestone details and to mar it this way suggests a profound lack of judgment from a property management standpoint.
Wouldn't they have needed approval from the city for painting the exterior?

I imagine they would if it is a listed Heritage building. I think it looks beyond ugly but without some kind of heritage or historic designation, I doubt there is much the municipality could do.

This paint job, even if unfinished, is one of the worst renovations to a heritage building I've seen in years. To take a beautiful red-brick facade with wonderful contrasting grey limestone details and to mar it this way suggests a profound lack of judgment from a property management standpoint.

This building is listed, but NOT designated. The City listed it............in 1983, but could not bother getting around to enacting actual protection in the 39 ensuing years. Sigh

Not if its only listed...........

I imagine they would if it is a listed Heritage building. I think it looks beyond ugly but without some kind of heritage or historic designation, I doubt there is much the municipality could do.

See above.

I'm not quite certain that this belongs here or a different thread but IMO it certainly falls under the category of "shabby repair." Who to contact about the increasingly common practice of replacing the hydro poles with fresh ones, but then putting these new poles in WORSE positioning than the previous one? The sidewalks already seem too narrow/not a modern width and now it's even more hostile to walk here than usual. Who does this job and thinks "Yeah, this'll do!"

This is on west sidewalk of Dundas on the curve that's north of Bloor and happened sometime in the last week. I'd say it's less than a metre wide now.

- People are getting bigger
- Strollers are getting wider
- Winter snow shovelling is poorly done
- And of course...an accessibility nightmare

IMG_9620.jpeg

I'm not quite certain that this belongs here or a different thread but IMO it certainly falls under the category of "shabby repair." Who to contact about the increasingly common practice of replacing the hydro poles with fresh ones, but then putting these new poles in WORSE positioning than the previous one? The sidewalks already seem too narrow/not a modern width and now it's even more hostile to walk here than usual. Who does this job and thinks "Yeah, this'll do!"

This is on west sidewalk of Dundas on the curve that's north of Bloor and happened sometime in the last week. I'd say it's less than a metre wide now.

- People are getting bigger
- Strollers are getting wider
- Winter snow shovelling is poorly done
- And of course...an accessibility nightmare
And heaven help you if people are putting their bins out, too.

Back