8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds great!

Don't know why you were being dismissed, you always come across here as though you know exactly what you're talking about. Not crazy at all!

I think they only run 48/hour at peak (Give or take) as it is!

http://www3.ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Service_Summary_2009_10_18.pdf

From the Service Summary published 10/18/2009:
BD: Morning Rush; 42 trains, Afternoon, 39 trains
YUS: Morning Rush; 44 trains w. 4 GAP trains, Afternoon; 47 w. 2 GAP trains.

You may want to review your numbers before presenting your stuff to the critics. Doubling capacity on the lines is impossible due to the restrictions of the turn around time at the termini. They are pretty much operating at capacity today.

If it is your innovation that you presented in regards to the project at Bloor, why don't you sue for infringement?

Subway Safety

http://www3.ttc.ca/PDF/Transit_Planning/Service_Summary_2009_10_18.pdf

From the Service Summary published 10/18/2009:
BD: Morning Rush; 42 trains, Afternoon, 39 trains
YUS: Morning Rush; 44 trains w. 4 GAP trains, Afternoon; 47 w. 2 GAP trains.

You may want to review your numbers before presenting your stuff to the critics. Doubling capacity on the lines is impossible due to the restrictions of the turn around time at the termini. They are pretty much operating at capacity today.

If it is your innovation that you presented in regards to the project at Bloor, why don't you sue for infringement?

Ando,

Thank you for that informative website. I was able to fine tune my numbers.

It still is in keeping with my original documentation when I originally contacted the TTC Commissioners on July 29th, 2008, showing how I can improve the ENTIRE SUBWAY SYSTEM BY MORE THAN 133% without even having to put a shovel into the ground.

For those transit enthusuastics, the invention and innovation is actually smarter that the technology that goes into line planning.

chech out this web site.

open the PDF file, it's 19 pages and you will be wowed at the formula.

"Models for Line Planning in Public Transit", This formula will blow your socks off.

My "transit transformation technology" is actually smarter than that.

Now you will know why I not only need a meeting, but also how patient I have been in biding my time, to hopefully build curiosity and credibility.

These big meeting are finally forthcoming, and going to be a reality.
There is a God, helping me.

Little people don't have it easy to get into huge massive powerful corporations, especially government run ones.

Thanks again Ando, for those stats.
Sharon.

Ando,

Thank you for that informative website. I was able to fine tune my numbers.

It still is in keeping with my original documentation when I originally contacted the TTC Commissioners on July 29th, 2008, showing how I can improve the ENTIRE SUBWAY SYSTEM BY MORE THAN 133% without even having to put a shovel into the ground.

For those transit enthusuastics, the invention and innovation is actually smarter that the technology that goes into line planning.

chech out this web site.

open the PDF file, it's 19 pages and you will be wowed at the formula.

"Models for Line Planning in Public Transit", This formula will blow your socks off.

My "transit transformation technology" is actually smarter than that.

Now you will know why I not only need a meeting, but also how patient I have been in biding my time, to hopefully build curiosity and credibility.

Is it just me or am I missing many things here?

I didn't see any website link in your post, but through the power of Google, I figure you are referring to this PDF:

https://www.zib.de/Publications/Reports/ZR-04-10.pdf

When you say "this formula will blow your socks off", which specific formula in their paper are you referring to? Are you disputing the formula or are you commenting on how impressed you are with their determination of the formula?

In the course of your 1.5 years of thinking about passenger flow, did you not come across this kind of theory? I'd be surprised if you hadn't because this is the kind of thing that many people have devoted significant portions of their professional and academic careers to, so I'm curious as to why this appears to be new or shocking to you.

And now you bring up "transit transformation technology" and the claim of being able to improve the entire subway system by more than 133% (133% what? Capacity? Approval ratings? Track length? Station numbers?)

Previously you were pushing either a passenger flow model that had the additional benefit of preventing suicides or a suicide prevention barrier that had the additional benefit of improving passenger flow. But nowhere that I recall did you mention improvements on the order of 133%. I'm just not following this train of thought.

If you really are talking about a 133% increase in train flow, I think that is more likely just evidence that you haven't applied real transit theory or its application to your model. I just don't see how anything close to that is physically possible, even with all the barriers and funnelling in the world. Trains have to decelerate as they approach the station, come to a complete stop and wait a non-zero time for passengers to get off and on before accelerating out of the station. I don't see how it can be remotely safe having trains flying around the system that closely spaced, especially since you previously said no automated control was needed.

Of course one can always use the argument that innovators are always pooh-poohed before their invention gets acknowledged, but if you haven't taken the time to understand the current body of knowledge with respect to transit design, it makes it difficult to buy into the concept you have a new paradigm that brings such a drastic performance improvement.

Subway Safety

Forgive me if I don't share all now.

Yes, this website, is not what I use for my work. This just shows how in fact that passenger flow isn't so simple, just the same how train flow isn't so easy either.
I share this page since it is certainly quite remarkable how transportation in general is unbelieveably deep and detailed.

I do believe the results that this 19 page documents with all its amazing and extremely technical components, when all is said and done, I believe the innovation I bring actually surpasses this.

One might say I tease people's curiosity and thought patterns, which actually is a good thing. It's called problem solving.....a stretching experience and a path I have come to appreciate.

I promise when I am done my meetings to share all. It will be remarkable. I just am hoping the TTC (my first transit system I am spending excess time with) will be equally amazed and intrigued as I am.

There is an old saying, without a will, one can never find a way. My determination of will I am hoping will pay off for 'ALL OF US".
SHARON.:):):)

Nothing in that report validates any kind of barrier idea. It's just some network theory and linear path modelling analysis applied to a transit network design problem.

Subway Safety

We'll I'm back.

I have had my 3 "very big" meetings. (Each over an hour)

For those who had questions on my claims. I will now answer them.

From any subway stop farthest from downtown Toronto (Yonge and Bloor).
You would have less than 4 subway stops.

SAFTEY EQUALLS EFFICIENCY.

During my meetings not one said my claim for improving the subway system was incorrect. Fundamentally I had all the basis covered.

The subway system end to end would only take about 52 minutes, not 105 minutes end to end. and all stations in the middle would be serviced.

Some trains stops at certain stations all the time. Some trains stop at certain stations every 2nd train, and at a couple of stations will stop at every 3rd train.

Would you believe the system would include getting to work FASTER , and I mean faster, by going to work in the opposite direction.

For example if you lived near Coxwell station you would go EAST to go to work (downtown) go over to Victoria Park and from there only have two stops and like an EXPRESS SUBWAY SYSTEM, you arrived at work in about 14 minutes.

The train at all times is able to travel at 88 km an hour, even through stations, now that there is a full BARRIER WALL along the station "not the guards as brought to Dragons Den in April.

I in effect have converted a "milk run" subway system and turned it into 4 separate EXPRESS SUBWAY SYSTEMS.

For 39 stations nothing changes, everything is the same. For 21 stations you go to work in the opposite direction.

.........YOU GET A SEAT.

.................THE TRAIN IS ONLY HALF OR LESS FULL

.......................YOU GET TO WORK IN HALF THE TIME.

...............................NO MORE TRACK FIRES.

.............................NO MORE SUBWAY "DEATH" DELAYS

.............ALMOST NO PERSONAL ASSISTANCE ALARM DELAYS.

YOU ARE NOT ON THE SUBWAY LONG ENOUGH IN ORDER TO HAVE PANIC ATTACKS, ANXIETY ATTACKS, FAINTING ETC.

Finch to Bloor would be about 13.5 minutes. ( only 4 subway stops)

Kennedy to Yonge would be about 22 minutes. ( only 4 subway stops)

Kipling to Yonge would be about 30 minutes (only 4 subway stops)

Downsview to St. George would only be 3 stops.

All stations are possitively effected, except Rosedale, Summerhill and Bathurst. They could offer a one way metro pass for Rosedale and Summerhill for say $40 as a kind guesture.

I am suggesting condo parking lots at the end of each subway line to accommodate the new capacity room that would equall about an extra 455,000 new passengers every morning.

Once the platform safety is in place, instantly all trains will be half full, just because they travel end to end twice as fast, and in half the time.

The Director of Innovation for the US is coming to Toronto to meet with me and is very excited about the new innovation.

Mass Transit is about transporting the masses,........not sitting in tunnels.

It's about moving people ...... as many people as possible, safely and quickly. At present, neither is happening.

Safety is the key to efficiency. Station skipping is done , not as a common basis, however it must have safety to be part of it, and it needs the right strategy in order to shorten every one's trip.

Toronto can thereby have the ability for an added income of 1.346 billion annually basis on new ridership income capability and new parking fees at 4 outter core convenient parking highrise......with elevators of course..

This income and capacity improvement without SAFETY.

Today's only technology for Safety requires Automatic Train Control.

Safety Designs and safety specifics within my patent pending status includes all and any of the features that allow for Safety, without the need for ATC.

This is my mission, to move Toronto faster, more user friendly, and more safely. My mission is to further takes cars off the roads, saving our environment.

One does not want to use transit, if there is no where to park your car, or no where that is inconvenient like Finch.

One also does not want to be on an over crowded subway for excessive periods of time.

Now they will be half full as they travel twice as fast back and forth across the city, and secondly everyone get to work in about half the time, with no crazy surprises.

Sharon, the Dragons Den Gal, motivated to make Toronto a Great Place to travel.......better isn't good enough.

We'll I'm back.

I have had my 3 "very big" meetings. (Each over an hour)

For those who had questions on my claims. I will now answer them.

From any subway stop farthest from downtown Toronto (Yonge and Bloor).
You would have less than 4 subway stops.

SAFTEY EQUALLS EFFICIENCY.

During my meetings not one said my claim for improving the subway system was incorrect. Fundamentally I had all the basis covered.

The subway system end to end would only take about 52 minutes, not 105 minutes end to end. and all stations in the middle would be serviced.

Some trains stops at certain stations all the time. Some trains stop at certain stations every 2nd train, and at a couple of stations will stop at every 3rd train.

Would you believe the system would include getting to work FASTER , and I mean faster, by going to work in the opposite direction.

For example if you lived near Coxwell station you would go EAST to go to work (downtown) go over to Victoria Park and from there only have two stops and like an EXPRESS SUBWAY SYSTEM, you arrived at work in about 14 minutes.

The train at all times is able to travel at 88 km an hour, even through stations, now that there is a full BARRIER WALL along the station "not the guards as brought to Dragons Den in April.

I in effect have converted a "milk run" subway system and turned it into 4 separate EXPRESS SUBWAY SYSTEMS.

For 39 stations nothing changes, everything is the same. For 21 stations you go to work in the opposite direction.

.........YOU GET A SEAT.

.................THE TRAIN IS ONLY HALF OR LESS FULL

.......................YOU GET TO WORK IN HALF THE TIME.

...............................NO MORE TRACK FIRES.

.............................NO MORE SUBWAY "DEATH" DELAYS

.............ALMOST NO PERSONAL ASSISTANCE ALARM DELAYS.

YOU ARE NOT ON THE SUBWAY LONG ENOUGH IN ORDER TO HAVE PANIC ATTACKS, ANXIETY ATTACKS, FAINTING ETC.

Finch to Bloor would be about 13.5 minutes. ( only 4 subway stops)

Kennedy to Yonge would be about 22 minutes. ( only 4 subway stops)

Kipling to Yonge would be about 30 minutes (only 4 subway stops)

Downsview to St. George would only be 3 stops.

All stations are possitively effected, except Rosedale, Summerhill and Bathurst. They could offer a one way metro pass for Rosedale and Summerhill for say $40 as a kind guesture.

I am suggesting condo parking lots at the end of each subway line to accommodate the new capacity room that would equall about an extra 455,000 new passengers every morning.

Once the platform safety is in place, instantly all trains will be half full, just because they travel end to end twice as fast, and in half the time.

The Director of Innovation for the US is coming to Toronto to meet with me and is very excited about the new innovation.

Mass Transit is about transporting the masses,........not sitting in tunnels.

It's about moving people ...... as many people as possible, safely and quickly. At present, neither is happening.

Safety is the key to efficiency. Station skipping is done , not as a common basis, however it must have safety to be part of it, and it needs the right strategy in order to shorten every one's trip.

Toronto can thereby have the ability for an added income of 1.346 billion annually basis on new ridership income capability and new parking fees at 4 outter core convenient parking highrise......with elevators of course..

This income and capacity improvement without SAFETY.

Today's only technology for Safety requires Automatic Train Control.

Safety Designs and safety specifics within my patent pending status includes all and any of the features that allow for Safety, without the need for ATC.

This is my mission, to move Toronto faster, more user friendly, and more safely. My mission is to further takes cars off the roads, saving our environment.

One does not want to use transit, if there is no where to park your car, or no where that is inconvenient like Finch.

One also does not want to be on an over crowded subway for excessive periods of time.

Now they will be half full as they travel twice as fast back and forth across the city, and secondly everyone get to work in about half the time, with no crazy surprises.

Sharon, the Dragons Den Gal, motivated to make Toronto a Great Place to travel.......better isn't good enough.

What exactly are you proposing? What started out as a suicide barrier became a passenger flow and safety cordon plan. Now you say you will FUNDAMENTALLY alter the way the subway trains are run (Express and Local trains?).

Where are your studies showing that travel times will be halved.

What are the costs for a full barrier wall vs the cordons that you initially proposed.

Operationally what does a train bound for King station (and lets say bypassing Queen) do when the train in front of it is stopped at Queen, and how does that affect the speed of the train.

Operationally what does a train bound for King station (and lets say bypassing Queen) do when the train in front of it is stopped at Queen, and how does that affect the speed of the train.

That's obviously the most important question. Like you, I can't quite visualize what this latest proposal entails (other than a platform barrier). How going east, when you want to go west, putting several more trains between you and your final destination, will help speed up travel is beyond me.

Unless a third (and presumably fourth for opposite direction travel) set of tracks is built to allow express trains to bypass local trains, perhaps teleportation technology will be involved.

Umm, I can get the part about the safety barrier (though I have my doubts about how much platform flow would actually improve). But I don't understand how express service can be implemented with the system we currently have without spending billions on express tracks. I am waiting for Sharon to explain this one.

You folks put a smile on my face.

You had the same kind of statements my meetings had. It took about 3 rounds and then each and every one of them said.

Aaaaaaaaawe, now I get it.

There are no new subway tracks.

There are the same number of trains.

Infact there are the same number of trains and train drivers.

The whole systems goes end to end faster.

You just stop at less stops.

It takes 22 seconds to stop your train from full speed.

I accounted for a 15 second average dwell time.

It takes 30 seconds to bring your train to the full speed again.

All you do is time how long it takes to drive direct end to end and strategically plan which stops are intended to be stopped at.

I have the likely best planned station choices figured out, however TTC or a consultant firm may choose to make minor changes.

For example Finch to Bloor. You only stop at Sheppard, York Mills, Lawrence and Eglinton.

If you drove your train direct, it would only take 9.375 minutes.

You than add 4 stops times 67 seconds (22 + 15 + 30) which is 4.46 minutes.

Now for all Yonge line passengers from Finch it takes 13.835 minutes.

Oh yes, No construction, No new track, No new stations, Without putting a shovel into the ground we suddenly have the Y.E.S. system in place.

What used to take 30 minutes is now 13.835 minutes and will have

NO Surprises, No track fires, No subway suicides, and less or no PAA's.

this infact is a 216% capacity improvement potential. ATC only proports for a 26% capacity improvement.

With what I described...........You do not require automatic train control.

This EXPRESS Subway system is available almost immediately.

All you need is your approapriated Platform Safety. I promise you, I also got all that figures out. Platform safety is all I have worked on for almost 2 years.

This about this one in some station you may only need about 200 or 250' of platform safety?

Without safety it is impossible to achieve full efficiency.

Are you more confused? This is what makes innovation fun. It stretched all of our minds.

Don't forget...........about 1/3 of commuters will go to work in the
...................O P P O S I T E D I R E C T I O N ,,....and still get there faster!

Most who go to work in the opposite direction will generally only also have about 4 subway stops in total AND HAVE A SEAT FOR HALF OF THEIR JOURNEY.

From now on people will only be in overly crowded trains for no more than 10 minutes at any time of day, and from any station stop.

Sharon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back