News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

I wonder where Ford got his magical $5 billion number from. I really want to meet his accountant, maybe he can cook my books the same way Ford cooks his books with his business, and how Ford thinks he can do the same with the province's books.

Only thing I'm concerned about is their ability to procrastinate on these projects ad infinitum.

Considering Ford said he intends to touch/change most (all?) TTC related proposals that's been studied it'll add a minimum of 2 years to the timelines.

Shifting the tunnel of an AFP tender to add stations isn't a small job.

Even before the extension, this is happening
Screenshot_2018-05-12-18-17-21.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-12-18-17-21.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-12-18-17-21.png
    231.7 KB · Views: 330
I wonder where Ford got his magical $5 billion number from. I really want to meet his accountant, maybe he can cook my books the same way Ford cooks his books with his business, and how Ford thinks he can do the same with the province's books.

That figure is a holdover from the Brown era. Ford may in fact add to the $5 billion once he gets to open the books and see what the Libfibs have been up to.

I was in Toronto last Thursday and this was how busy the Sheppard line was at 1:50 p.m.:

YS.jpg

And on a train a half hour later:
Y-S 2.jpg

Attachments

• YS.jpg
    YS.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 458
  • Y-S 2.jpg
    Y-S 2.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 435
As frequently mentioned, the Sheppard Subway looks busier than it is because trains are less frequent, meaning people have more time to crowd the platform.
My issue is how are they going to get the subway across the 401 @Hopkins123 @OneCity . I feel Sheppard should be above ground, especially if it's going to be a loop. They would also have to increase frequency once it is built.

Last edited:
I was in Toronto last Thursday and this was how busy the Sheppard line was at 1:50 p.m.:

View attachment 144312

And on a train a half hour later:
View attachment 144314
But if the platform is that crowded in midday, there should be more trains.

The crowd size is visually deceptive. That platform is not busy. That crowd can easily fit on the train with far more than half the seats remaining. If you count the people on the platform in that image, there aren't more than 40 people in the image. A standard TTC bus can hold that many seated passengers, with seats left over.

As frequently mentioned, the Sheppard Subway looks busier than it is because trains are less frequent, meaning people have more time to crowd the platform.

It's not a huge difference mid-day. 16 trains per hour vs. 11 trains per hour.

In any case, Sheppard's ridership isn't on "standard TTC bus" level. It's peak ridership (around 5,000 pphpd) is double the King streetcar's capacity (around 2,500).

This is not crowded, this is people not spreading out along the platform. It is also showing people entering and exiting the train.

Back