News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Sheppard west extension makes sense however Scarborough needs to prioritize the Eglinton east LRT extension over a Sheppard east subway extension. People in Scarborough need a way to move around inside Scarborough, the LRT will help do that. The Sheppard east subway extension would probably end up as a three or four stop extension at best to justify its cost. Not worth it.
People in Scarborough are trying to get out of Scarborough as fast as possible. Preferably underground as well so they don’t need to see the place they chose as home.

Also LRTs are basically buses. That’s why Hamilton, Mississauga, Waterloo, finch are building them. All places with no vision.

I agree, if you’re looking to get out of Scarborough asap you’re going will have two great subway options. Moving around inside Scarborough will still be a major headache, just ask the people taking the replacement RT bus.

I agree, if you’re looking to get out of Scarborough asap you’re going will have two great subway options. Moving around inside Scarborough will still be a major headache, just ask the people taking the replacement RT bus.
When the two subway extensions make Scarborough urban utopia and a place where people want to be then we build the LRT so Scarborough people can look outside and be proud of their decisions.

Sheppard west extension makes sense however Scarborough needs to prioritize the Eglinton east LRT extension over a Sheppard east subway extension. People in Scarborough need a way to move around inside Scarborough, the LRT will help do that. The Sheppard east subway extension would probably end up as a three or four stop extension at best to justify its cost. Not worth it.

Why wouldn't you want to do both.

Sheppard would provide a northern crosstown line, crossing Scarborough North York and getting into the west.

The Eglinton lrt would be more like a local route as you suggest. Both are needed for a connected network

Sheppard would provide a northern crosstown line, crossing Scarborough North York and getting into the west.

The Eglinton lrt would be more like a local route as you suggest. Both are needed for a connected network
Ideally both do get done, I would just prioritize EELRT over the Sheppard east extension.

Ideally both do get done, I would just prioritize EELRT over the Sheppard east extension.

For reasons well discussed, I oppose the EELRT entirely.

In brief, the analysis indicates it will perform no better in travel time than the current bus service. There is absolutely a need for better transit to UTSC and other parts of eastern Scarborough, but we need to go
back to the drawing board and revisit what that looks like in this case.

Last edited:

Correct. I think we should do both. Spend every last transit dime in Scarborough. Money well spent and surely every other area of the city doesn’t need transit anyways.

• Haha
Reactions: T3G
LRT’s are faster than busses because they have a dedicated right of way with fewer stops. I also like subways but don’t see a subway coming to UTSC in my lifetime..

LRT’s are faster than busses because they have a dedicated right of way with fewer stops. I also like subways but don’t see a subway coming to UTSC in my lifetime..
Maybe a subway extension to UTM for those privileged westenders.

Please don't say things like the above.

You clearly have not read the applicable studies.

The Eglinton bus here already has its stops rationalized, it has semi-reserved lanes, and studies clearly show no improvement with the change in mode here.

Yes, an LRT can perform better than a bus in many cases, but this one will not, and that is the problem.

Last edited:
Correct. I think we should do both. Spend every last transit dime in Scarborough. Money well spent and surely every other area of the city doesn’t need transit anyways.

Go away, troll somewhere else or with someone else. Scarborough is the most transit deprived area in the city... Please never respond to me again

Go away, troll somewhere else or with someone else. Scarborough is the most transit deprived area in the city... Please never respond to me again
As a former Scarborough resident I agree with you. The lack of transit in Scarborough is 100% an attack on the people out there by the downtown bike riding Starbucks drinking pinkos. Last time I was in Scarborough I did have the privilege of going through a Starbucks drive thru. So things are improving. Starbucks for everyone. Trains for the elite.

Btw loved my years in Scarborough and miss the two arcades in one plaza at Brimley and Eglinton.

Please don't say things like the above.

You clearly have not read the applicable studies.

The Eglinton bus here already has its stops rationalized, it has semi-reserved lanes, and studies clearly show no improvement with the change in mode here.

Yes, an LRT can perform better than a bus in many case, but this one will not, and that is the problem.
I’m talking about looking at Scarborough 10-20 years down the road when these systems might come into operation if we’re lucky. . Scarborough’s population is exploding just like the rest of the GTA. Dedicated bus lanes might work now but are not a long term solution for an expanding Scarborough

I’m talking about looking at Scarborough 10-20 years down the road when these systems might come into operation if we’re lucky. . Scarborough’s population is exploding just like the rest of the GTA. Dedicated bus lanes might work now but are not a long term solution for an expanding Scarborough

There's no disagreeing w/that; the point is that the EELRT, as currently designed is not the solution.

Back