News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I'm glad these consultations are happening. However, it doesn't seem as though much progress has been made since the description states "want to hear about how people travel along the Sheppard Avenue corridor today – and how they might benefit from new rapid transit options in the future". I hope I'm wrong. I hope they have actually presented options, and that this project is moving forward.
Good chance they will have various options inducing do nothing. Some of them could be a BRT, LRT and subway.

Good chance that they'll have presentation boards, and that they'll be in English.

I have no idea what your point here is.

Point i made is that most public consultations are predicable. Whether we get anything out of them or not is irrelevant. They are a check in the box thing to say the public had a say.

I'm glad these consultations are happening. However, it doesn't seem as though much progress has been made since the description states "want to hear about how people travel along the Sheppard Avenue corridor today – and how they might benefit from new rapid transit options in the future". I hope I'm wrong. I hope they have actually presented options, and that this project is moving forward.

With my usual caveat that nothing is done until its done...............

This project is moving along, albeit in a very preliminary way.

Intriguing, indeed. I guess we might hear something official when it gets closer to the provincial elections date. That is, either the second half of 2025 or early 2026.

It should be tempting to go both east and west in the same phase. The eastern extension would harvest more new riders (and from the political perspective, quite a few votes). The western extension would bring relatively few new riders, but create a direct link to the Wilson yard and negate the need for a new yard in the east.

On the other hand, borrowing is the only plausible source of funding. The bond rates went up a lot compared to a few years ago, and that might temper the appetite for any new borrowing.

Intriguing, indeed. I guess we might hear something official when it gets closer to the provincial elections date. That is, either the second half of 2025 or early 2026.

It should be tempting to go both east and west in the same phase. The eastern extension would harvest more new riders (and from the political perspective, quite a few votes). The western extension would bring relatively few new riders, but create a direct link to the Wilson yard and negate the need for a new yard in the east.

On the other hand, borrowing is the only plausible source of funding. The bond rates went up a lot compared to a few years ago, and that might temper the appetite for any new borrowing.
If it had to be done in 2 phases, which phase would be better to do first?

Without stepping on any toes... I'm suprised nobody has talked about east to Markham/Neilson and what Ridership that brings... Would it make sense this goes (close) to Malvern town centre given the branch-off proposals of the EELRT?
I don't believe it would make all that much sense. The EELRT should suffice the one stop between Markham & McCowan. The Xtra cost of the subway doesn't make sense

How far east should the existing subway be extended?
The rough plan is to go to McCowan to meet up with the line 2 extension. Some ppl want it to go to STC. Anything further east wouldn't make sense probably in our lifetimes. The proposed EELRT would suffice continuing along Sheppard.

The rough plan is to go to McCowan to meet up with the line 2 extension. Some ppl want it to go to STC. Anything further east wouldn't make sense probably in our lifetimes. The proposed EELRT would suffice continuing along Sheppard.
To me, Malvern TC makes sense for both to end. STC makes no sense. Going at least to McCowan as a first phase for the subway makes sense.

:rolleyes:

Seriously? (above)

I'm way too nice........ LOL

Back