I think it looks pretty good as well.
2010727a082.jpg

2010727a071.jpg

Per the open house I went to back in May re: the SQ1 extension and the campus park, the environmental assessment and selection should be done by August and construction of SQ1 Drive extension through the Sheridan campus should start soon afterward...the pilot roundabout is slated for construction in early 2011...

20100729017.jpg

20100513008.jpg

20100729009.jpg

20100513007.jpg

20100513003.jpg

I suggested something similar to UoT's Philosopher's Walk or something like the Yorkville urban park just north of Bloor
20100513011.jpg

http://www.mississauga.com/news/article/816576--city-centre-gets-new-park

City Centre gets new park

Sheridan College is not only bringing a coveted campus to Mississauga, it is also bringing a small park that will add greenspace to City Centre.
The concept plan for the 1.286-acre urban public park, tentatively called College Common, was unveiled tonight at the Art Gallery of Mississauga in City Hall.
Following a short presentation by City planning staff and Sheridan officials, residents shared their vision and ideas for the new park, which will be integrated into the campus located at Duke of York Blvd. and Square One Dr. Specifically, they were asked what 10 activities they would like to do in the space.
Square One Dr., which runs through Square One Shopping Centre and currently ends at Duke of York, is expected to be extended through the campus to Living Arts Dr. Feedback is being sought from the public for the extension.
College Common is envisioned as a space for people for contemplate, learn, gather and celebrate.
Ramesh Khan, who lives in City Centre, dropped over for the presentation and liked what he saw.
“It’s a real surprise that the area is getting another park,” he said. “When the Civic Square and the community park (at the corner of Princess Royal Dr. and Living Arts Dr.) are completed, City Centre will really be a nice place to live in and to visit.”
When the 156,000-sq.-ft. Sheridan satellite campus opens in fall 2011, it will accommodate 1,700 full-time business students. That number will grow to 5,000 when phase two is completed in the future.

Last edited:
The pictures of the roundabout seem to indicate that it has one lane only at each entrance. Does that mean that they are going to narrow Duke of York Blvd?

Back