May 18
Tagging does take place around the city with some area seeing more than other.

A few nighttime shots and best to shoot after 2 am from today shooting.
7225065392_2ffdbc8071_b.jpg

7225068692_6de1a92b7e_b.jpg

7225056596_7554e2895c_b.jpg

Could Diamond Schmitt be the architects of Phase II? Interesting bookending here with the bottom two floors responding to the angularity of RDH's Phase I.

dsai_sheridan01.jpg

Could this have been an early massing model for phase one, before the actual design contract went to RDH? I actually like the south end of this plan better than what RDH built (it's a bit too much of a poor man's OCAD Table Top). The east wall here looks too restrained tough, and there I like what RDH built better.

There is activity on the site of Sheridan College phase 2. 5 workers and a boring machine. It looks like they are drilling holes to put up a fairly large sign re: the next phase, that's my guess.
DSCF6599.jpg

Sheridan was added to the city model
DSCF6612-sc.jpg

This might be an accurate representation of phase 2. I don't mind the tower, it will provide some excellent city views.
DSCF6613-sc.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it's gonna be a scholar statue. But still...

Yes. I find this perfect.

Perfect representation of Mississauga in the early 2010's... Still searching for a particular direction for its identity.

Just perfect.

Hmmm I like it but I feel like this would have been the perfect location for a nice fountain!

Some background...
http://www.mississauga.com/what's%20on/article/1546373--new-sculpture-points-to-mississauga-s-past-and-future

New sculpture points to Mississauga’s past and future
Joseph Chin|Nov 30, 2012 - 12:07 PM

Nearly three years ago, Michel de Broin hung the world’s largest disco ball — a whopping 7.5 metres in diameter and covered in 1,000 mirrors — during the Nuit Blanche festival in Paris.
At least 100,000 people reportedly saw the work over the course of the night.
It’s not as gigantic, nor as flashy, but this week de Broin’s latest piece of public art was installed in the centre of the roundabout at Duke of York Blvd. and Square One Dr., opposite the Sheridan College campus.
Called Possibilities, the aluminum sculpture is a tangle of eight colourful arrows inspired by the colours and shapes of oversized 1950s' roadside signs — a reference to the future Mississauga’s development during the golden age of the automobile. The arrows also point to the future and the city’s vision for a new, vibrant, pedestrian friendly urban downtown.
“Public art is an important facet of how to make a city a place that is economically and culturally strong as well as memorable,” said Susan Burt, director of the City’s Culture Division. “Works of art like Possibilities help to define Mississauga’s distinct identity and its urban context.”
A past winner of the prestigious Sobey Art Award, Canada’s prominent award for contemporary Canadian art, de Broin has exhibited his works worldwide including in Ottawa, New Orleans, Paris, Berlin and Korea.
The Montreal-born artist challenges accepted norms of the world around us. He famously got his pedal-powered car pulled over by the police in Toronto after previously driving it around New York City, Montreal and France. Another time, he rode a bicycle, equipped with a smoke machine, in a Montreal park.
“I set out to render visible, through richly profound metaphors and analogies, the forces at work in the movement of the energies which guide our actions and govern our impulses,” his bio explains.
Possibilities is the third piece of public art installed in the City Centre within the past year: the other two are Crossing Pedestrians, by street artist Roadsworth, at the intersection of Duke of York and City Centre Dr., and Buen Amigo, by Chilean artist Francisco Gazitua, in front of the Absolute towers at Burnhamthorpe Rd. and Hurontario St. The latter was privately commissioned by the developer, Cityzen.
Two years ago, the City of Mississauga endorsed a plan to allocate a minimum $200,000 annually toward a public art program.

DSCF7985.jpg

Back