I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the parking garage as a positive. As I said, all major urban cities have parking garages, and many of them.
This is a great development for the city, and it's about time something like this came to the City Centre. It is going to change things in a big way for this area.

I never said parking garages are automatically bad. I never complained about the above ground parking garage for Citygate for example. That was one of necessity and they hid it cleverly. All of the rest of projects in MCC have parking garages below ground. Except for Widesuites, and I don't like Widesuites either.

Not that it matters much since the rest of this Sheridan project looks quite crappy anyways, judging from the renderings.

I don't get why people are saying this looks like crap. It looks like a million other university campus buildings build in the province in the last 5 years. It might not be a standout, but this is Sheridan, not U of T.

I don't think it's too bad either. I don't get it.
I would have liked to see a street level render though.

Oh, the urbanity!

b79e56d34a179966a0a67a8e8486.jpeg

Actually I met with the mayor of mississauaga and the cheif planning staff last week and went over the site plans nd renderings for this college, its really quite impressive how "urban" its going to be with retail at grade and broken up over several small blocks, the roads themselves will be quite unique as they are planning on implementing some sort of road share system where speeds are extremely low and pedestrians/bikers are mixed within, as well as a lot of greenspace.

In terms of there wide roads, it has actually lead to a great opportunity for them, the plans are to build designated protected bike planes, wider side walks and extensive greening + future transit. Most municipalities with smaller roads or even toronto for that matter are much more limited to what they can accomodate and do now , even in terms of widening sidewalks.

Wow that's awful. Why are the streets so massively wide? Another "urban" failure for Mississauga.

What picture are you looking at? None of the streets in the rendering are any wider than most Toronto streets, 2 lanes in each direction. The ones shown in the rendering are also already existing. (You can tell because they even left the left-turn lanes as someone else already pointed out) The only new street in the picture is Square One Drive, running between the buildings, and someone already posted a picture of what it is proposed to become... a pedestrian focused street that runs through the campus.

That street isn't wide at all. It just appears that way in the render, because you're looking across a roundabout from the opposite side.

The area is a bit of lost cause but this project seems decent enough. I don't mind he design and if they use some interesting glass and/or materials, it will be a good addition to the area.

If they gotta chop trees down for a building, you know what would be super cool? Incorporate the wood into the building, maybe as chairs, wood panels, tables etc. But this is Canada--do we have hope of anything so cool?

What picture are you looking at? None of the streets in the rendering are any wider than most Toronto streets, 2 lanes in each direction. The ones shown in the rendering are also already existing. (You can tell because they even left the left-turn lanes as someone else already pointed out) The only new street in the picture is Square One Drive, running between the buildings, and someone already posted a picture of what it is proposed to become... a pedestrian focused street that runs through the campus.

I dunno, that roundabout looks like it's as wide as Columbus Circle in New York - and it will probably have 1/20th the amount of traffic.

Back