News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

biggtao

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello All.

I am the CEO of a company called Indoor Cart Solutions based in Toronto. I really need your honest feed back on the following question.

I want to provide shopping carts for residents living in high rise buildings such as condos for them to use around the building for example you might use the shopping cart to haul your groceries from the parking garage to your suite, or u may use it to carry your heavy laundry.

My question is this; if i were to provide this service in your building will you use it? if so how many times per week or month? your feedback is greatly appreciated.

below is the picture of the shopping carts i will be providing.
NTC001CHChromeLarge.jpg

That's definitely a great idea. It would make hauling things much easier. I once lived in a building that kept a few shopping carts on the ground floor and always wondered why I didn't see it anywhere else. How are you going to make a business out of it, though? Selling them directly to buildings? Maybe advertising?

How is a cart a service?
This isn't anything new, I've been using these carts for 20 years. Tons of people do. $30 at Canadian Tire and they last 2 or 3 years. They're great for grocery shopping, picking up large bags of dog food etc.

A bad idea: it's cheaper to buy these shopping carts at Zellers, Walmart, the corner hardware store etc. I've got one.

The idea could work if there's a new twist to the design: example, electric powered?

As an aside, here's my latest idea: shopping cart advertisements!

I'd suggest bigger, full-size shopping carts that could handle a lot of groceries or a bulky item like a TV or computer.

I'd suggest bigger, full-size shopping carts that could handle a lot of groceries or a bulky item like a TV or computer.

The problem with full sized carts is that many apartments have banned them. I think its a good idea, and it might reduce the number of people who drive to the grocery store.

However, the carts must have more value than the ones at Canadian Tire. Either the price has to come down or the carts must do something that the store-bought ones cannot.

Urban dwellers are very familiar with these carts...

Everyone: I remember living in NYC as a child up until 1967-my family had a cart of this type-they are nothing new-good for urban living to haul groceries,etc. They fold flat to store easily-especially where space is a premium as in an apartment.

I lived in a apartment building in PA back in the 90s that had regular shopping carts for tenants to use-because of problems like tenants hogging them in their apartments as well as other problems-like leaving a cartload of trash abandoned on the building elevator which I remember someone was doing-the Management removed them.
It happened just weeks before I moved out and returned to LI. The building maintenance crew had a float truck to use-but I had to get advance permission to use it. I recall many tenants depended on those carts-but because some tenants abused them everyone suffered in the end.
Having your own cart definitely helps! LI MIKE

I want to provide shopping carts for residents living in high rise buildings such as condos for them to use around the building for example you might use the shopping cart to haul your groceries from the parking garage to your suite, or u may use it to carry your heavy laundry.

Is this a joke? As has already been said, this idea sounds like something out of the 1920s when these carts were first invented. As has also been said, your business will fail unless you put some sort of twist on it.

Come up with a more durable cart that might last 5-10 years. Come up with a different design, or a cart that can do something unique. Add power. Make a standard size that is expandable into a full size cart.

Do you want to provide a service as you stated, or just a product? Forget about the whole service idea - people aren't going to pay a dollar to use one of these things for 5 minutes given that we are accustomed to our buildings providing these for free. And carts are so cheap that it would be much less expensive for a building to buy a new cart rather pay for some sort of maintenance program.

Not really a good idea for a business as others have said although I'd wonder if it would be on the quarter return system as well.

Thing is, people take store shopping carts away from stores. Each cart is a hundred dollars+. Around Agincourt mall I see Walmart/No Frills has hired some guy to drive around the community in a truck to pick up wayward shopping carts.

Selling this idea, you'd have to sell it to the big stores that lose lots of carts. It would not be a bad idea if you worked with these stores to work out a return system at a complex. Anyways i'm not going to spell out the details.

Back