News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The builder may say that because he doesn't want to make the changes. Given that the majority of people who have responded to you say they'd pick closet space over the separate shower, I'd say that the resale value would be higher with the additional closet space. But I'm no expert :)

The builder may say that because he doesn't want to make the changes. Given that the majority of people who have responded to you say they'd pick closet space over the separate shower, I'd say that the resale value would be higher with the additional closet space. But I'm no expert :)

ditto ...
what do you think the builder would say ...
"um yeah, we screwed up and should have had a tub/shower combo and larger walk-in closet instead"

ditto ...
what do you think the builder would say ...
"um yeah, we screwed up and should have had a tub/shower combo and larger walk-in closet instead"

I would think it's much cheaper for the builder to build out a walk in closet than it is to put a shower stall in the bathroom. I still think the ensuite in a 1b +D and a separate shower stall is better for resale than a walk in closet. Ask a few realtors for their experiences.

I agree totally with Cityboy.

It is more expensive to install a shower stall. While I appreciate that people begrudge developers alot on these forums, and sometimes with good reason, clearly not every developer makes every decision with the idea of "how can I most alienate my customer". It really isnt' a very shrewd long term policy and I am sure they do not go out their way to incorporate it.

It depends how far along the development is. When we bought, we were able to make changes with no problems; however, people who bought in the same building a few months later were not able to make changes. It wasn't a matter of a builder wanting/not wanting to please a customer, it was a matter of progress on the development. And it also depends on what the changes are. Given that plumbing will be done to accommodate showers in that location, it may be a total PITA for them to turn the shower into a closet, so they'd prefer not to do it. Or maybe they know that Cityboy would love to have that separate shower :).

it depends how far along the development is. When we bought, we were able to make changes with no problems; however, people who bought in the same building a few months later were not able to make changes. It wasn't a matter of a builder wanting/not wanting to please a customer, it was a matter of progress on the development. And it also depends on what the changes are. Given that plumbing will be done to accommodate showers in that location, it may be a total pita for them to turn the shower into a closet, so they'd prefer not to do it. Or maybe they know that cityboy would love to have that separate shower :).

lol

A larger closet gives the owner more storage space. What about other storage space? Locker, balcony, etc.? I don't like seeing bicycles on a balcony because there is no locker or bicycle storage available in the building. Don't want to end up using the shower stall as storage space. The only alternative would be the public storage facilities for the overflow.

A larger closet gives the owner more storage space. What about other storage space? Locker, balcony, etc.? I don't like seeing bicycles on a balcony because there is no locker or bicycle storage available in the building. Don't want to end up using the shower stall as storage space. The only alternative would be the public storage facilities for the overflow.

There is a "bicycle storage area" and I bought a locker, hope the $2500 was worth it

Back