News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Michael Bryant at College Park today.

bryant.jpg

Paul Gross at Black Camel on Sunday morning. Had no idea who he was, girlfriend spotted and ID'd him.

Douglas Coupland, texting as he leaned against the wall outside of the Church of the Redeemer at the corner of Avenue and Bloor.

I saw John Baird coming out of the Sutton Place Hotel.

Wanted very badly to punt him in the shins and yell sic semper tyrannis at him but figured I'd catch a taser or a bullet for my troubles.

Instead I just observed what a gigantic see you next tuesday he was and went on my way.

George Smitherman, today in front of a condo on Carlton Street near Church - passed him on my walk to the Y in the late morning. He's quite dashing, in a very powerful way, in person. Attractive eyes. Wearing a fabulously well tailored black suit in a lightweight summer fabric. He nodded to me and wished me well as he was being grilled by a (presumably) passer-by.

IMHO, Smitherman's photos in the press do him no justice. Much prettier in person.

His hair? What there is of it is quite well behaved.

PS--while this PS is fit for a different thread, this is not an endorsement; my mind is not made up yet.

Pierre Pettigrew, walking up Victoria Street, north from King, at 11:58 a.m. today.

Pierre wore a sober yet stylish dark blue business suit. His luxurious mane of hair was combed back, streaks of grey catching the bright, noon sunlight. He carried himself well, striding with ease and assurance along the pavement. Just north of King he turned left into a building - though whether for lunch at the Metropolitan resto bar or to a meeting in one of the many an offices there I dared not allow myself to guess.

Adam Growe, host of Cash Cab, at Chapters Runnymede in Bloor West Village. I asked him if he filmed during the G20 protests, he said yes, just outside of the downtown core.

Back