News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

are there any plans to treat storm water in the post 1960's areas?

any plans for new treatment plants or expansions?

I don't have an answer for either question.

My opinion about treatment plant expansion is that a better solution is to store excess storm water when it rains, and treat it when it's dry using the existing treatment plants' extra capacity.

Please city hall give this contract to me. I will quit my business and start work on this backlog at $1000 per household next monday. I promise to clear through the backlog in 16 months and give you a discount of $300 per household if we negotiate freedom from some onerous city contact requirements. I promise to pay my labourers or subcontractors a minimum of $20 an hour.

can someone answer this question for me?

on my 50th attempt at calling the downspout disconnection hotline i finally got through to the systems voicemail and left a message with all the information requested. since i have no confirmation number or record of my calling, what if the city claims that i never called and signed up?

I think the technical term is that you are "screwed."

But then it looks like the city is screwed, too.

can someone answer this question for me?

on my 50th attempt at calling the downspout disconnection hotline i finally got through to the systems voicemail and left a message with all the information requested. since i have no confirmation number or record of my calling, what if the city claims that i never called and signed up?
I've already given instructions earlier in this thread about sending your request by e-mail and that you'll receive an automated response from the city, which you MUST keep as the evidence that you're in the system. It's too late now though.

It's not all that dead an issue. You folks are all aware that Toronto sewers are ancient and that people living close to the lake often get flooded as the water is running down a slope. All that effluent goes into the lake or onto the road. Remember the flash flood on the Gardener Expressway and Lakeshore? Our house at Keele and Bloor gets the sewers backed up into the basement.

I think every household should have rain barrels as a preventative to capture the water run off. Plants thrive on the added nitrogen that comes from the rain water. The surface area of one roof is huge. So, take advantage of a good deal. Price of a rain barrel is 60.00 from www.RainBarrel.ca

Sure you could build your own, if you want a bright blue industrial looking one.

Here's the link again for May 15th. http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs032/1102700151336/archive/1103376071777.html

Back