News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Exciting! Probably enough to make me buy a new computer! Hope they fixed the bugs from version 4.

Just when I thought I had grown too old for PC gaming. Buying this for sure

Hopefully it won't bring my new build to its' knees - minimum requirements notwithstanding, a simulation like this can't possibly be easy on the CPU...

AoD

I don't know about you, but I still find Simcity 2000 and 3000 the best games in the series, no matter how the graphics changed. Ironically, I find the newer games are succumbing to boring stereotypes much easier., maybe it's because the developers spend much more time on graphics than actual gameplay.

First impressions -

Good luck getting it to work due to the stupid always on DRM - the launch had been a disaster of Biblical proportions. Wasn't able to get it to work at all on launch day, managed to squeeze out some playtime finally yesterday. Once you've logged on - if you are able to create a region and claim a city - the game itself runs fine. The graphics is top notch, and I didn't find it taxing my system (i7 3770K; 16GB; GTX 660) the slightest. The interactivity and slickness of interface puts all the previous titles in the series to shame, and the gameplay probably changed in the most innovative since the beginning of the series. The size of the buildable city is unfortunately rather small, though.

More comments after tonight.

AoD

Last edited:
Mac version not available until Spring 2013, whenever that it. Let the PC users find the bugs first.

Streetsblog Network calls it “Simulating 1950′s America” in 2013. See this link.

James Sinclair, in his Stop and Move blog at this link, says:

Want to design an urban paradise?

Than I hope your dream is a tiny Phoenix, because that's all you're going to get.

Not only did the game not add mixed use, but now density is tied to the kind of road you build (not transit or zoning). Want a modern subway system? Nope, not available, even though every game in the series has let you build one. Streetcars? They've been added - but only running in the middle of a 6 lane "avenue". Pedestrian malls? Of course not, and don't even ask about bikes.

It might be 2013, but Sim City 5 will let you simulate 1950's America, and not much else. Curved roads were finally added to the city - perfect for those new cul-de-sacs!

Sigh...this game has been such an utter disappointment. The lots are small, there are gaps between buildings, you can't properly control zoning (both density, and size), there are too few transportation options, not enough macro management options and too much micromanagement (I don't care about how my powerplant gets coal!), the graphics are nice but cartoony - they're not meant to be "realistic," etc. Many of the issues can be fixed, but at the heart of it, SC5 is really meant to compete with Anno and Tropico, not SC4 or Cities XL. It's not a true city building simulator as much as it is a city building game

I wish they would've just bought out Cities XL and improved on that. Cities XL is an amazing game plagued by a few serious issues (especially memory leaks). If those are fixed, Cities XL would be the best city building game ever made, beating out the current leader (SC4).

SimCity Mac delayed till August, 2013.

See this link.

Hi, Mayors – today we are announcing that we are moving the release date of the Mac version of SimCity to August. We have made this tough decision because we do not believe it is ready for primetime yet. We want to ensure the Mac is a great experience for our players and that is why we are taking more time.

Back