News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I wonder if there is some legal, ownership or liability consideration that is holding this up, in addition to the strike and or political uselessness. The number of quasi legitimate reasons for waiting probably outnumber the completely insane illegitmate reasons. Still, answers would be cool although not as cool as actually being able to use the frakkin thing.

I imagine it's strike related. Probably something very simple, like there's no one to turn the new traffic lights on or sign off on the final inspection or something really dumb.

indeed they have. in fact they installed them in late november '08. they've been sitting pretty (waiting to be useful) ever since...

They have been operating for several weeks, if not months, now. The southbound lanes are open south of the underpass. I believe there is an exit from a parking garage now open onto Simcoe, but only allowing vehicles to exit south.

They have been operating for several weeks, if not months, now. The southbound lanes are open south of the underpass. I believe there is an exit from a parking garage now open onto Simcoe, but only allowing vehicles to exit south.

As noted above, the traffic lights at Simcoe/Bremner have been working for several months and the garage entrance just south of the bridge has remained open during all the construction - only half of Simcoe was fenced off south of the bridge. It is not a public garage but is used when they are bringing in 'stuff' for the convention centre.

On the local CTV News at 6pm this evening, it was stated that a by-law has to be passed by city council in order for the extension to open. City council won't be meeting while the strike is in progress.:mad:

perhaps i was a little unclear, yes indeed the lights have been working since november, what i meant by my "sitting pretty" comment was that they were waiting to be fully useful i.e. for the ENTIRE underpass/intersection to be fully opened, as the entire thing was supposed to open last november.

now we just have to wait until this ridiculous strike is over...

3732752775_443a1e1d50_b.jpg

3732764275_05f6c5486d_b.jpg

3733567826_36bbfc73d1_b.jpg

excellent shots and vantage point CSW2424!

One of the items on agenda for City Council meeting on August 6/7 is the opening of Lower Simcoe. It may actually open soon...

i'm really not sure how you got those shots. from the gardiner? from the roof of the old sales centre for the inifinity condos? cant be from infinity 2, as i can see the building from the shot. very confused.

Sadly, I am not actually 8 storeys tall although MetroMan's explanation was hilarious. Good one.

I was using a telephoto lens and went to the top floor of the parking garagae south of the Gardiner, between the York-Yonge-Bay Exit ramp and Queens Quay. From there I got a great vantage of Simcoe St, Ritz, Panorama (head-on from the Gardiner), 18 York, Success, and MLSE/Telus. It is just a really f'n good lens.

Sadly, I am not actually 8 storeys tall although MetroMan's explanation was hilarious. Good one.

I was using a telephoto lens and went to the top floor of the parking garagae south of the Gardiner, between the York-Yonge-Bay Exit ramp and Queens Quay. From there I got a great vantage of Simcoe St, Ritz, Panorama (head-on from the Gardiner), 18 York, Success, and MLSE/Telus. It is just a really f'n good lens.

ahh the parking garage, well done! great pics, and indeed, an amazing lens. crossing my fingers for early august when they may actually OPEN the damn thing. :)

How difficult would it be for someone to go down there one night with some bolt cutters and get things moving?
Guerrilla city building.
Ten guys, one bolt cutter, 10 minutes, and presto....
open for business.

How difficult would it be for someone to go down there one night with some bolt cutters and get things moving?
Guerrilla city building.
Ten guys, one bolt cutter, 10 minutes, and presto....
open for business.

We just need to a reason to get them drunk enough first :)

Back