News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Lower Simcoe Street Sign

A sign has been installed for Lower Simcoe Street at the south-west corner of Simcoe and Front. Picture from today around suppertime.

A sign has been installed for Lower Simcoe Street at the south-west corner of Simcoe and Front. Picture from today around suppertime.

I don't like seeing the street name without the street number on them. Put a number on it. Where's my felt pen?

those east side mario's signs look like the gardiner expressway signs.

Why would they put the lower band on the street sign if they aren't going to put an address number on it. These signs were designed to be modular so that in low traffic areas they can remove the top band, on BIA streets they can use larger upper bands, and supposedly they come in two sign sizes. It doesn't make sense to ever put the bottom band on with nothing on it.

Why would they put the lower band on the street sign if they aren't going to put an address number on it. These signs were designed to be modular so that in low traffic areas they can remove the top band, on BIA streets they can use larger upper bands, and supposedly they come in two sign sizes. It doesn't make sense to ever put the bottom band on with nothing on it.

Maybe they'll add a number later? Planning ahead? Oh wait, this is Toronto, never mind...

I don't think the blank number board is such a big deal since this is where Lower Simcoe ends. If it were unit number 381 on the south side and 383 on the north side then putting up numbers would be necessary, but in this case ALL units on Lower Simcoe are on the south side.

Also since it's modular then they can just put up a number later like CC said.

Maybe they'll add a number later? Planning ahead? Oh wait, this is Toronto, never mind...

In order to put a number on that empty piece they would need to dismantle the sign, send the lower band to the paint shop, get it back from the paint shop, and put the sign pieces back together. I don't understand how a blank band adds any value whatsoever.

enough about the silly sign, doesn't anyone else care about the extension opening?! i've been waiting nearly 2 years for this day...

i actually saw the "project manager" taking pictures (with BIG smiles, and pats on the back) and shaking hands with some fool from the city. how he can actually be proud of this project considering its a year late, is beyond me. maybe he's practising to be a politician. he should be ashamed of himself.

I walked down the underpass today. It's brand new and clean. However, there's already some garbage lying around o_O How quickly things get dirtied or it wasn't cleaned up?

enough about the silly sign, doesn't anyone else care about the extension opening?! i've been waiting nearly 2 years for this day...

You have been waiting 2 years for this? Do you live at Infinity and work at Simcoe Place? It is a fairly minor tunnel connecting two streets with very little traffic. While it is an improvement I have never had a problem getting around because it wasn't there.

Back