News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

With Simons, the label "department store" always feels a bit wrong because no other department store that I can think of is so heavily based around private label items. It's technically correct, but the impression of a department store most people think of doesn't fit here, if that makes sense. In many ways it's more like a private label clothing/home goods store (like a much nicer H&M in some ways) that happens to sell some other major brands as well.

As an aside, this might be the most excited I have ever been for a store opening in downtown Toronto. I love Simons.

I’d also love if they brought a cute little Montreal cafe or Mandy’s salads inside Simon’s.

I really enjoyed the bar at Nordstrom. Haha!
The location in Ottawa has an in-house cafe! So hopefully we get the same here. I could see them using the windows on the 3rd floor that look into the main mall galleria for that space.

The location in Ottawa has an in-house cafe! So hopefully we get the same here. I could see them using the windows on the 3rd floor that look into the main mall galleria for that space.
That cafe has been closed for years. I think they've abandoned the concept of having cafes inside their stores.

That cafe has been closed for years. I think they've abandoned the concept of having cafes inside their stores.
The Simons at Square One opened with a cafe. I swear it has had hoarding covering it up since Covid though.

Back