News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Just allow compostable plastic bags. It's not hard. China does this. Happy compromise.

Inflation is the #1 issue for voters/Canadians, and our governments are so stupid as to increase prices even further...... in the name of the environment. Trust me, nobody gives two shits about the environment when they can't afford food. Might as well give them one last kick in the teeth on the way out the grocery store eh? Fucking morons.

I'm literally moving countries because of this plastic bag issue and our leaders being so bloody incompetent.
Completely agree re: incompetence - I know governments don't have complete control over inflation, the economy or the housing market, for example, but all I ask of them is that they stop needlessly making things even worse. This council seems to be taking its cues from the feds.

I love how this is the issue that's spurring the UCP to try and change it so that municipal politicians have to run under a party banner. Clearly they're hoping scary Liberal or NDP associations will lead to less progressive councilors in office.

Back