News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Where should we initially meet up for the opening of the Valley Line?

• Total voters

yeggator

Member Bio
Reaction score
So the Valley Line shall open up to passengers on Saturday, November 4, 2023. In the words of Tim Cartmell, "Hallelujah!" That being said, we should have another Skyrise meetup for the inaugural ride, and I would love to coordinate this with people from the Global Transit and Infrastructure Central (formerly RMTransit) Discord server. That being said, where should we meet up? The line will begin service from both termini, so would you all like to meet at the 102 Street Stop or the Mill Woods Stop? Regardless of where we meet, we should do a full round-trip on the train and then we could grab food or something afterwards.

My thoughts: start in downtown, do a round-trip back to downtown and grab food there. It means we'd be back in Downtown by around 6:15-6:30, so I'm gonna need restaurant suggestions because the only place downtown that I know is open at that time is Denny's (which is also by the Mill Woods Stop, but Downtown will probably have more available food options, which is why I recommend it).

Oh, and give us some recommendations for restaurants that would open that early.

Last edited:
So the Valley Line shall open up to passengers on Saturday, November 4, 2023. In the words of Tim Cartmell, "Hallelujah!" That being said, we should have another Skyrise meetup for the inaugural ride, and I would love to coordinate this with people from the Global Transit and Infrastructure Central (formerly RMTransit) Discord server. That being said, where should we meet up? The line will begin service from both termini, so would you all like to meet at the 102 Street Stop or the Mill Woods Stop? Regardless of where we meet, we should do a full round-trip on the train and then we could grab food or something afterwards.

My thoughts: start in downtown, do a round-trip back to downtown and grab food there. It means we'd be back in Downtown by around 6:15-6:30, so I'm gonna need restaurant suggestions because the only place downtown that I know is open at that time is Denny's (which is also by the Mill Woods Stop, but Downtown will probably have more available food options, which is why I recommend it).

Oh, and give us some recommendations for restaurants that would open that early.
I'm good with either. I do have a small preference for a Millwoods start because the station is a 5min drive for me and I'll feel a bit bad driving downtown to ride the train. But I'm good to go with the majority

We could always settle for a later train. More restaurants would be open and I think a lot of people wouldn't be able to make it for 5am on a Saturday (me included).

I would also prefer starting on 102 but frankly I’d probably drive down to Millwoods even for first train at 5 am if that was the popular choice

Not too many! The bridge might collapse (kidding of course... maybe... no really just kidding... maybe... really!).

Should we all meet somewhere specific on the 102 ave platform so we know who is for the skyrise group? Or just look for the most handsome folks there and assume?

Obviously, just look for the hottest people there.

But for real, just find an attractive man in a grey/white jacket.

Aight, where are y’all at? 🗣️

(I don’t remember what any of you look like)

Last edited:
IMG_0765.jpeg

How was it? I ended up not feeling well and couldn’t make it 😭😭

Back