News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

@westcoastjos Totally understandable, lots of choices out there. What kind of stuff would you be interested in shooting?
@Daveography Probably a bit of landscape, walk around city, portrait, and concerts. A bit of an all around type of thing. I'm looking between the 24mm Sonarr and 32mm Zeiss Touit. I'm leaning toward the 32mm as a good balance between the two, although the 24mm would be better for landscapes. My Dad has some old school Minolta lenses that I thought I'd just grab an adapter for and use as manuals. I think down the line, I'd want the 16-70 f/4. The speed for low light is the one thing that is keeping me from going straight to the 16-70 f/4.

@westcoastjos Going straight for primes to start, eh? Hardcore. :) The 32 is a 50mm equivilent, so extremely well rounded for most of the stuff you want to do. It will work for landscapes as well, just not quite as well as something wider. I suspect it would do you well enough though.
@Daveography Yep! I quite like the lens. I suppose I should buy a filter for it today as it is quite dusty here. I might wander around DT at lunch today and snap some shots. I realized yesterday looking at the photos that I need to stop down to f/4 or so for buildings, etc. Wide open isn't too sharp for big scenes at all.

I think eventually, I want to either grab the 16-70mm or the 85mm Batis, the latter being a full frame lens, so I think the equivalent is 127.5mm or something like that. I think this is a good lens to start out with though nonetheless!

Current location: The other Ice District.

IMG_20170830_212936.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170830_212936.jpg
    IMG_20170830_212936.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 480
Almost time for the tarps and heaters to come out again!

Meanwhile here in Toronto we've got extreme heat alerts in place. 30+ for the last few days. Nope the climate isn't warming...

Back