News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Nice daytime long exposure!! Did you get a specific filter for it or did you use welding glass? Or was it just darker than it looks?

Nice daytime long exposure!! Did you get a specific filter for it or did you use welding glass? Or was it just darker than it looks?

Thanks!

I use a B+W 77mm ND1000 filter for daytime long exposures.

I've been wanting one of those for a while, a bit too pricey for me right now but I may give the welding glass a try.

Welding glass gets the job done for black and white shots, but the white balance in colour photos is almost impossible to perfect both in camera and in post. The colour profiles are never what they should be due to the polarity and tint of the glass, though some would say that welding glass is even better for black and white shots. The B+W filter is one of a few that will allow colours to pop in a daytime long exposure, though I am sure that there are some more affordable options out there, especially if you are looking for a smaller filter diameter.

Well now that I have finished uploading vacation photos to the thread posted above, it is time to get this thread caught up on the last month of activity. But before going back to photos from mid-March, lets take a look at today's Toronto FC game at BMO Field:

Toronto FC by Jack Landau, on Flickr

Last edited:

Back