8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

cabeman

Member Bio
Reaction score
... noticed hoarding was up out front of this site when I walked by this afternoon (next to the Fionn MacCool's on King W.)

Didn't see a thread for it; anyone know what's happening here?

499KingStW.jpg

499KingStW2.jpg

499KingStW1.jpg

This is going to be a new restaurant by the Liberty Group tentatively called "The Spice Route". I believe they are aspiring for a high-end restaurant with indo-chinese food ie. spicy in your mouth and in your wallet. They are supposed to be spending alot of money on the decor.

... noticed hoarding was up out front of this site when I walked by this afternoon (next to the Fionn MacCool's on King W.)

Didn't see a thread for it; anyone know what's happening here?

499KingStW.jpg

499KingStW2.jpg

499KingStW1.jpg

It's pretty dismaying how many otherwise nice, historic neighbourhoods Toronto Hydro is willing to ruin with absurd overhead.

I think it's ludicrous too. Free the architecture and the trees! I bet there would be fewer power outages during storms if they were buried.

I wonder if someone will invent Wi-Fi power poles? Wireless power (not batteries): 22nd Century invention?

Not wanting to hijack the thread with techno babble, I'm tempted to answer...

It already exists and you probably already own it. Modern powered tooth brushes receive electricity from their docking bases wirelessly. Resonance power is coming to your home for longer distance wire free powering very soon.

Several cell phone manufacturers are already planning on releasing wireless charging cell phones very soon. No more dead battery excuses for your boss!

Anyway, Toronto Hydro isn't willing to destroy anything... the wires were there before the neighborhood became what it is. That's not to say I wouldn't mind seeing them buried though. I live here.

LOL of course that's when Toronto would do it. :/
I'd love to see them buried to. Would aesthetically be so much nicer.

Although some places it really adds to the old feel of the neighbourhood. Like Queen East.

They have a long-term plan to bury lines, but unfortunately it's a little too long-term. King and Queen are pretty obvious places to start.

Tesla was trying to work on free energy through the ground at the turn of the 20th century...

many parts of the downtown have had their wires buried in the last 10 years however you barely notice it with the TTC wires and the lopped off wooden poles still standing

This is going to be a new restaurant by the Liberty Group tentatively called "The Spice Route". I believe they are aspiring for a high-end restaurant with indo-chinese food ie. spicy in your mouth and in your wallet. They are supposed to be spending alot of money on the decor.

Thanks for the info. SpadinaBus.

I thought when I saw the hoarding that it might be another condo site in the works.

Many people would be surprised to know who controlled the spice route 500 years ago. Without their help, this new Toronto Spice Route would've been rather rural....

I have a feeling within 5 years someone buys this building and builds a 20-story condo.

I have a feeling within 5 years someone buys this building and builds a 20-story condo.

I'm inclined to agree. Then again, almost every second building in the neighbourhood will probably be replaced by a condo in the next ten years.

Back