8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Oldcamera

Member Bio
Reaction score
Found some photos I took in 1973 of Spring Garden Adventure Playground when working for a local weekly newspaper. Area has sure changed in 37 years.

Attachments

• Avd Play 6.jpg
    Avd Play 6.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 279
  • Avd Play 5.jpg
    Avd Play 5.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 292
  • Adv Play 1.jpg
    Adv Play 1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 287
  • Avd Play 7.jpg
    Avd Play 7.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 305
  • Avd Play 4.jpg
    Avd Play 4.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 311
Found some photos I took in 1973 of Spring Garden Adventure Playground when working for a local weekly newspaper. Area has sure changed in 37 years.

And the rules of photography have changed too during those 37 years.
Today, the police would soon be called because a photographer was taking photos of children.
It's terribly unfortunate that such paranoia exists today.

My father was one of the tradesmen involved in the construction of the playground. I recall playing on it before it had officially been opened.

I recall that tires were later added to both sides of the bridge. It was a safety measure.

Last edited:
And the rules of photography have changed too during those 37 years.
Today, the police would soon be called because a photographer was taking photos of children.
It's terribly unfortunate that such paranoia exists today.

Yeah isn't that the truth. When I shot that photo assignment the principal was with me. The only thing on our minds was the kids having fun on this exciting new playground. Those kids are middle aged now. I bet they wish for those less complicated old days also.

Back