News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

^ You miss Olive Garden? I miss mother's pizza. They had the best salad bar around. But thats got nothing to do with anything. Oh yeah. I refuse to eat at places like Spring Rolls (same as Ashun) as well. To north american. Just like in HK how they consider 'north american' food spagetti with ox tongue in bolonegse sauce. But I have to admit that Salad King is very good if that makes any sence? Chinese style Thai food.

I've found that oriental food catered to non-orientals is usually really bad. For example, a really salty dish might be made sweeter so that everyone can eat it. Spring rolls are meant to be eaten with fish sauce and some people can't stand the smell of fish sauce, so I wonder what they changed for that dish.

I don't know about that - some of the oriental food catered to non-orientals, eg. sweet and sour *anything* - is quite good if done right.

GB

Mmmm...sweet'n'sour anything, chicken balls in cherry sauce, chicken fried rice...perfect hangover food!

andreap:

But of course, if you are Asian, you can't get hangovers - simply because of the low alcohol tolerance :lol

GB

babel:

Respectable ones don't use MSG anymore, supposedly. Until you try their soups, that is.

GB

But of course, if you are Asian, you can't get hangovers - simply because of the low alcohol tolerance

?

Of course you can get hangovers. You are just likely to turn red when you drink, much to the amusement of those around you.

:)

uh, I'm an Asian-American, and I have high alcohol tolerance, drive wonderously well, am not short, suck at math, pronounce my "r"s and "l"s properly, and not to brag, but have great "manhood". I realize it's not meant in malice, but such generalizations can breed intolerance, something of which Toronto and its citizens should know better.

Somebody’s a little too sensitive. The comments above were not derogatory; in fact they were made by Asian forum members in a joking manner. You have to learn to take life a little less seriously. :no:

Back