Feb 11
The Ayce Sushi is close and no idea as to when. Not sure if this is the same one that was there before since I am rarely down there. Not sure if it close before the plan to expand the mall in this area was announce or lack of business.

MS open their new store on Feb 8 and about the same size of Apple. At the back of the store there is an area where classes can be held. Behind it is a community room that will hold 50 people with MS supplying free food to groups that use it.

Depend on things, I may get a first hand view of the area and the free food next week.

The south side is all but closed off with the parking lot gone and the only access to the mall from the south side will be by the Bay or off Duke of York. The doors should be close off next week. See the construction page for more info.

More up on site
12471874483_b9798a7be9_b.jpg

12471870293_3f02bb6c3d_b.jpg

12472259394_1209e49331_b.jpg

12471771645_18e6ba77bf_b.jpg

does it really matter if they have original ideas if they can still generate BILLIONS?
REDMOND, Wash. — January 23, 2014 — Microsoft Corp. today announced revenue of $24.52 billion for the quarter ended December 31, 2013. Gross margin, operating income, net income, and diluted earnings per share for the quarter were $16.24 billion, $7.97 billion, $6.56 billion, and $0.78 per share, respectively.

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/E...s/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY14/Q2/default.aspx

I was in MS store before it open for our group meeting last week and the community room is where they hold their demonstration events. The crowd noise drown us out at time that we had to stop talking.

Coffee and donuts from Target Starbucks.

Sears close next Sunday and very little left on the floor to sale to the point that they should close the door tomorrow.

Champs is relocating next to the Sources and the panel are markup for that now.

A new service walkway going in next to Showcase in the old corridor.
12866440695_99883f0104_b.jpg

12866451405_7351bab980_b.jpg

12866478625_b46ba2262d_b.jpg

12866865704_1df8153e88_b.jpg

Champs is relocating across from Urban Planet.

THEFACESHOP is opening where Fruits And Passion is currently at.

Nutrition House is relocating across from Target on the lower level.

Roots is relocating to the former lululemon store.

Swarovski is relocating next to Town Shoes.

Qoola Frozen Yogurt is opening next to Laura Secord.

Purdy's is opening next to Telus on the lower level.

WOW! Mobile Boutique is open in a kiosk across from Urban Planet.

Lole is opening across from H&M.

Masion Birks is starting renovations on March 15.

There's an updated leasing plan up on Oxford's website showing the new section. Nothing surprising there.

Upper Level
-Forever XXI about 35,000 sq ft (over 2 floors)
-Old Navy (relocation) about 19,000 sq ft (over 2 floors)
-Moxie's (relocation) about 8600 sq ft (over 2 floors)
-Aroma Express Bar
-Brandy Melville
-Lenscrafters (relocation)
-West 49 (relocation)
-Icing (relocation)
-Saje Natural Wellness
-Ben Moss Jewellers

Lower Level
-Richtree about 5300 sq ft
-Scotiabank (expanded) to about 6300 sq ft
-Tim Hortons
-International News
-Great American Backrub
-Maverick Studio for Men
-Tony C
-Showcase
-Eye-Q by Hakim

Other than that there's other random new stores mentioned already on the website:
-Lole
-Chico's
-Tumi
-Qoola
-Kiehl's
-Justice/Brothers
-Build-a-Bear moving into the old Lords n Ladies spot

Daaaamn! A Brandy Melville!? They are really getting some great stores... After these renovations, I can no longer call Square One the "poor" mall. Lol.

There's an updated leasing plan up on Oxford's website showing the new section. Nothing surprising there.

Upper Level
-Forever XXI about 35,000 sq ft (over 2 floors)
-Old Navy (relocation) about 19,000 sq ft (over 2 floors)
-Moxie's (relocation) about 8600 sq ft (over 2 floors)
-Aroma Express Bar
-Brandy Melville
-Lenscrafters (relocation)
-West 49 (relocation)
-Icing (relocation)
-Saje Natural Wellness
-Ben Moss Jewellers

Lower Level
-Richtree about 5300 sq ft
-Scotiabank (expanded) to about 6300 sq ft
-Tim Hortons
-International News
-Great American Backrub
-Maverick Studio for Men
-Tony C
-Showcase
-Eye-Q by Hakim

Other than that there's other random new stores mentioned already on the website:
-Lole
-Chico's
-Tumi
-Qoola
-Kiehl's
-Justice/Brothers
-Build-a-Bear moving into the old Lords n Ladies spot

Can you provide the link to this updated leasing plan (I can't seem to find it), thanks.

Thanks for the link. Looking at the plan leads to a few observations/questions:

Since Simons will only be on the upper level of the old Sears location will the lower level be subdivided into smaller stores or are there any rumours of another anchor downstairs? (Personally, I think Goodlife should consider snapping it up as their current location is woefully under-sized and over-crowded.)

Will Richtree close the Open Kitchen location upstairs after the Natural Market opens in the renovated section or will they operate two locations in the mall?

I see the three unbuilt stores in the same quadrant as Whole Foods/Crate & Barrel are stlll on the plans. Any word on when construction will begin?

What are the mid-sized locations marked "Sears" on the lower level in the area between Walmart and the former Sears store? Are those offices and, if so is there any plan to open up a lower level connection between the two anchor locations?

Last edited:

Back