39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

hoggytime

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello Old Friends!

Welcome to Skyrise Ottawa! This is thread for re-introductions, especially for those of us who have chosen new usernames.

As you can tell by my Ikea monkey avatar, I'm obviously Harley613 on SSP. I asked my daughter to choose a new username for me on Skyrise Ottawa, and she landed on Hoggytime. It comes from an inside joke in my family relating my name Harley to 'Hog', the nickname of the motorcycle I was named after.

I will post another tips & tricks thread soon explaining the mechanics of this forum compared to SSP. I want to make sure I understand everything first before I post it.

I will be one of your mods here, so if you have any question or concerns, please let me know here in the landing thread, or by private message!

2/20/2024 Update:

Thread title convention is dictated by the database. I will be working on the database soon and it automatically creates the threads with this naming convention: Project Title (or address if no title yet) | Height (it selects the highest tower in a multi-tower project | Number of Floors | Developer (s) | Architect (s)

Existing threads can still be tied to new database entries, and threads the database spits out can still be renamed, but this naming convention is used across the platform for multiple cities and it keeps things cleaned up and easy to read. Finer details can be added in the first post, or seen in the database links that will eventually bue up.

Last edited:
How do you add new developments on the map?
I have to do it in the backend. I'm planning to add a bunch in the very near future, I've just been too busy lately! Eventually everything will be on there. In the mean time, the more information we have on the forum the better, because it helps me to populate the database!

Hey folks,

I'm really excited by the transition over to SRC for Ottawa posters from SSP. I was (still am in some capacity) an avid follower of the Ottawa section on SSP however I rarely, if ever, posted because I just was not a fan of the Canada section on that site and just decided to be a lurker on the Ottawa section there for years.

Just for some context: I'm from Ottawa and grew up there but moved away to Edmonton a few years ago. I still visit friends and family in Ottawa frequently (about twice a year nowadays) and follow developments there closely as I still care about my hometown. I'm a frequent poster on the Edmonton section here and we've got a solid community there that's great. I hope to be a part of the Ottawa section here and plan on commenting and contributing.

Exciting times!

Is there a way to go to the first new post/first unread? Or to do this automatically by default? Haven't seen an obvious option to do this yet...

Is there a way to go to the first new post/first unread? Or to do this automatically by default? Haven't seen an obvious option to do this yet...
It darkens every thread/section that has been updated since you last refreshed the page, which I love. I don't know if there is a way to go straight to the first new post/unread within a thread though. I'm still very much in the learning phase myself, but I'm sure Edward could help with this.

RocketPhish had the same complaint. Dark mode would be nice. There are certainly some things that SSP does better.

😧 SSP has dark mode?!?

Here's how I see Skyrise Ottawa with Dark Reader and uBlock Origin extensions on Firefox:

Screenshot 2024-02-28 114356.png

SSP doesn't have dark mode, but the standard background is darker, so it's easier on the eyes.

Back