News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

As a child, I was taught that there are consequences if I damage other people's property, including public property. Some people didn't get the memo. I'd like more effort to be done to see that they do. Repairing some of the damage at public expense isn't really addressing the root cause. Graffiti/tagging is really pathetic and self-centred.
Community service for vandals would be a great idea! Much better than just fines, because it teaches them a lesson! (hopefully)

As a child, I was taught that there are consequences if I damage other people's property, including public property. Some people didn't get the memo. I'd like more effort to be done to see that they do. Repairing some of the damage at public expense isn't really addressing the root cause. Graffiti/tagging is really pathetic and self-centred.
As a person though, I am taught in life that while certain behaviors should always be discouraged, there are priorities given to which ones will get enforced more, for right or wrong. However, I am pretty sure though if one catches the offender red-handed, and if it sticks in court, they will be made to give account for such behaviors.

That said, while I can't vouch for the resaons why taggers do what they do, as I suspect there are a myriad reasons for doing so. They should least be aware what they are doing is illegal. And if caught, will have to face the consequences for doing so.

At present, it seems like the worst they face is having their handiwork removed.

Those taggers should find an alternative hobby, such as learning how to Photoshop (or a similar image manipulation software). A good tablet (such as a drawing tablet like Wacom or Huion or a tablet computer like iPad or Surface) will help.

This way, they can tag structures without vandalizing them in real life and share their artwork with others. This would allow taggers to express themselves freely without damaging the property of others (including public property), especially without the permission of the property owners (including governments).

@kotsy does an amazing job at this. He shares his photos tagged with his name here on UT without any real-life property damage.

Those taggers should find an alternative hobby, such as learning how to Photoshop (or a similar image manipulation software). A good tablet (such as a drawing tablet like Wacom or Huion or a tablet computer like iPad or Surface) will help.

This way, they can tag structures without vandalizing them in real life and share their artwork with others. This would allow taggers to express themselves freely without damaging the property of others (including public property), especially without the permission of the property owners (including governments).

@kotsy does an amazing job at this. He shares his photos tagged with his name here on UT without any real-life property damage.

You should take this even further, they can also attempt to sell their art as a NFT, and make considerably more than the $0 they get from tagging.

At present, it seems like the worst they face is having their handiwork removed.
That's because you can't call account on those that haven't been caught. It's the way our justice system works, thankfully.

That is a policy choice (of neglecting public space from law enforcement perspective)
Now you're making things up...

...either way, time for me move on from this debate (as I've said what I've said). Glad the initial offending tag on this public work was removed.

Last edited:
Hopefully they did a background check on this guy to make sure he doesn’t have a shady history or we’ll be having protests and sign damage in a few weeks.
That would more likely happen if officials dig in if any such revelations come to light. However, I don't think anything like this will come up...so let's not think about this until it actually does then.

DSC, I address this to you since you're always in the know.

A couple of the accent lights in/on the bandstand have been flashing wildly for about 6 weeks, possibly longer. Who can I email about this or are the powers that be already aware of the problem? Thx.

DSC, I address this to you since you're always in the know.

A couple of the accent lights in/on the bandstand have been flashing wildly for about 6 weeks, possibly longer. Who can I email about this or are the powers that be already aware of the problem? Thx.
I would go to friendsofstjamesparkto.com and tell the Friends. They have a good relationship with the PFR folk

They must know about it, though. You can't really go to the park and not notice it. There is basically a strobe light on the pavilion.

Back