News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

That's true, though the part of Lower Sherbourne between Front and the berm is mostly either park or parking lot, so I didn't really think the question was about that stretch.

They are paving Wellington from Church to Yonge today - will they rip it up again next week? The jury is out on that!

They have also removed the temporary tall light fixtures on Wellington from Church to Yonge and will, I assume, soon be installing the permanent LED ones.

They have removed the last of the old streetlight poles on the north side of Wellington from Yonge to York. They are (slowly) replacing them with new poles and will then, I assume add the LED light fixtures - as on south side.

As I noted a few weeks ago, the streetlight and TTC poles on York from Wellington to Yonge appear to be the older models and I am betting that when they come to string the new TTC overhead, they will realise these poles also need to be replaced.

Last edited:
Looks like there is a new travelers hostel in town

76 church street

20230622_150839.jpg

Looks like there is a new travelers hostel in town

76 church street

View attachment 487404

Nope.

That's a City homeless shelter for transferees from Seaton House while that complex is redeveloped.

Also, why is this is in the restaurant section?

Nope.

That's a City homeless shelter for transferees from Seaton House while that complex is redeveloped.

Also, why is this is in the restaurant section?

We don't have a hostel or emergency shelter forum unless it's important we start a thread for it.

Though I have some difficulty believing anything the TTC says, it appears from their website that the 503 streetcar will return to Wellington in July. They certainly have started work on the overhead so maybe!!

503 Kingston Road (route suspended until further notice)​

503 Kingston Road is suspended until further notice due to construction in the downtown core. Service will return at the end of July. We have extended the 505 Dundas to Bingham Loop in order to maintain service on Kingston Road. (From https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisories/Streetcar-Service-Changes)

ADELAIDE ST INFO.

June 2023: Construction Update​

Starting the week of June 26, road resurfacing on Adelaide Street from Victoria Street to Church Street will begin. During this time, our contractor will repave the road surface and update pedestrian crossings with accessible tactile plates. Vehicle traffic will be reduced to one eastbound lane. Access to driveways and laneways will be maintained. The road resurfacing work is expected to last two weeks.

A majority of the TTC track removals were completed on Adelaide Street from York Street to Victoria Street. The remaining removals will be completed by the end of June.

The watermain work - which ends at Victoria - is just about finished. I assume they will soon start moving the Adelaide bike track to the north side of the street from Victoria to Parliament.

Okay, how long can they drag this out? They removed the spare utility pole. Just remove this pile of blocks. 1 more week of work left?
IMG_5465.jpeg

Anything wrong with this shot?
_N8A0855.jpeg

Okay maybe two more weeks of work?

_N8A0846.jpeg

Okay, how long can they drag this out? They removed the spare utility pole. Just remove this pile of blocks. 1 more week of work left?
View attachment 491748

Anything wrong with this shot?
View attachment 491749

Okay maybe two more weeks of work?

View attachment 491757
Yes, they seem very loathe to tidy things up and remove the last of their 'junk'. Personally, I am not unhappy to see the traffic lights @ Scott not yet working - they are, in my opinion, totally useless and a real blemish on this project. If I could I would remove them!

I noted yesterday that the TTC has started getting the block of Wellington west of Yonge ready for streetcar overhead - in theory it should be easy to do as it's a short straight stretch but it IS the TTC and I am betting that when they reach York they will decide they need to install new poles from Wellington to King.

EDIT: I noticed today that 'they' have painted utility locates on sidewalk from Yonge to about Leader Lane - no doubt it will all be torn up again soon!

Last edited:

Back