News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Mofer Coffee is opening on SE corner of Front & Church where one of the failed pot shops was most recently. It used to be coffee shop (Second Cup).
There was a van parked on the sidewalk and someone installing the sign. I remember that Second Cup.

This did not happen yet but I think it may start in the next week.

1720965790141.png

When the street is fully closed I assume the TTC will re-route the 121 and 75 buses via Front but no note on TTC site yet.

I’ve always noticed, the St. James Cathedral spire looks like it is leaning east?
Red lines match the concrete columns and walls of the building behind, they appear straight with it, but with St. James, as the spire reaches the top of the red lines, we can see it appears closer to the right one, east, appearing to lean?
Photo credit: @mburrrrr

IMG_8806.jpeg

This did not happen yet but I think it may start in the next week.

View attachment 580441
When the street is fully closed I assume the TTC will re-route the 121 and 75 buses via Front but no note on TTC site yet.
I assume that map is only a representation, and they're not actually closing off Jarvis at that intersection? Because given all else happening that would be pretty catastrophic for traffic in the area with the Gardiner access blocked off. Sherbourne and Parliament would become gridlocked.

I assume that map is only a representation, and they're not actually closing off Jarvis at that intersection? Because given all else happening that would be pretty catastrophic for traffic in the area with the Gardiner access blocked off. Sherbourne and Parliament would become gridlocked.
The sewer pipe project on The Esplanade and adjacent streets ends at Lower Jarvis and I assume that the new Esplanade sewers (storm & sanitary) will link into those on Lower Jarvis. This would presumably mean some work ON Lower Jarvis but possibly work that could be done overnight. I agree that significant blockages of Lower Jarvis would make an already messy street impossible.

Back