News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

So this has become a smokers vs. non-smokers debate. Keep it more civil or this thread will be shut down.

Most definitely, and it's pretty easy to tell who bats for which team.

I say shut her down, it's always going to revert back to that.

Most definitely, and it's pretty easy to tell who bats for which team.

I say shut her down, it's always going to revert back to that.

Yes, no discussion is always better than some.

Anyways, I think we've kept pretty close to the original topic though; whether smoking on the street, or at transit stops, is an act needing regulation :)

I'm willing to bet that very few actually carry portable ashtrays or even use the cigarette slots in the new garbage bins.

I don't carry a portable container for butts most of the time (95%) but I do put out my smokes on the bottom of me shoes and chuck them in the garbage a good 95% of the time.

I have a question: what's with the seemingly arbitrary 9 metre magical sphere condition?

It really just goes to show how laughable these regulations are. Just like my GO train platform example.

Or another example: I was at a pub, on the patio, having a pint as you do when I decided to have a cigarette. I was told I couldn't smoke on this particular patio because it was considered covered because of a higher-up overhang above it. So, I had to stand just on the other side of the patio railing. Hilarious already, of course....but get this, I couldn't drink my pint because I wasn't technically on the patio! LOL! So, I stood there, leaning on the railing, talking to my seated friends, longingly staring at my lovely pint. A double-whammy of retarded regulation.

And who was being "protected" in this case? No one! Well, maybe my pint.

Common sense, meet the Dodo.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, do people actually feel unsafe on the TTC? Do you ignore statistics, reality and your senses in favour of Toronto Sun covers as a general rule?

After being attacked by 10 neo nazis on the subway when I was 16, I most certainly do not feel 100% safe on the subway.

Which is exactly what I pointed out earlier.

But anyone who purposely goes around farting in public is clearly a piece of s*!

I didn't know expelling gas from the human body was something you could choose not to do. Holding it in is very bad for your body.

What is the city going to do to mark out the 9 m radius when there is only 1 m of sidewalk in the first place?

What happens to cafe's that sit within this 9m R?

Does this mean that the stop will have to be relocated and force riders to walk further or close the sidewalk area/open window to business?

How can the city enforce this bylaw considering people smoke in shelters in the first place today and get no ticket?

TTC cannot enforce the smoking on their own property now??

Great idea, but needs rethinking or a complete social change.

Smoke stops at my nose.

It's called common sense and respect for others....

What the bloody hell do we need these ridiculous laws for? Nanny state to the rescue! (again) :rolleyes:

Exactly, it is getting ridiculous. I say it all started when they made murder and rape illegal. Why have laws forbidding murder and rape when all that's needed is common sense and respect for others?

Exactly, it is getting ridiculous. I say it all started when they made murder and rape illegal. Why have laws forbidding murder and rape when all that's needed is common sense and respect for others?

Selective reading. Ten points! :rolleyes:

I have yet to hear a proponent tell us the deal with the arbitrary 9m magical sphere of air rights.

I'm young, I can wait but it'd better be magical or I won't take you seriously. :p

Back