News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Didn't know where else to put this. I got a tea presser for my birthday and I'm wondering where I can get loose leaf tea (other than Davidstea). Preferably something on the more affordable side.

Didn't know where else to put this. I got a tea presser for my birthday and I'm wondering where I can get loose leaf tea (other than Davidstea). Preferably something on the more affordable side.
We love Murchies from Victoria, BC. Buy the bulk bags for best price.

DailyHive have put together a map with all the Starbucks locations that have closed.

450 Yonge Street is the Y & College location and it does look like they're closed fully now.

Another cannabis shop

20210829_Imagepipe_2.jpg

Breaking News: Starbucks to raise wages .....to below the cost of living!

From the above article:

1635407307474.png

All that plus 3 paid, personal/sick days and dental!

Now you too can be homeless and starving, but with excellent teeth!

In all seriousness, good to see a labour shortage forcing wages up for at least one national retailer; hopefully its catchy.

In the late 1990s, my business partner and I used to go for coffee twice a day at the Yonge & College Starbucks. They served coffee in real cups, and people were there to relax and talk - no technoparasites hogging tables. I gave on coffee shops long ago.

They still do actual cups but you need to ask for it to be "for here".

It's something I miss about Europe, the ability to sit in and enjoy coffee.

90s coffee shops are dearly missed.

In the late 1990s, my business partner and I used to go for coffee twice a day at the Yonge & College Starbucks. They served coffee in real cups, and people were there to relax and talk - no technoparasites hogging tables. I gave on coffee shops long ago.
If I ran a coffee shop it would have no wifi.

If I ran a coffee shop it would have no wifi.

Broadview Espresso by the Danforth has a "no wifi" policy, which according to the owner encourages conversation.

I was at a coffee shop in London, UK that had a 20 minute wifi limit, which seemed like a fair compromise.

The Starbucks at Carlaw and Danforth is the first location in Toronto to unionize.

Starbucks, like Walmart has a long history of shuttering unionized stores. I applaud this, but would offer that the union in question needs to step up quickly and lock up 3, 4 even 5 more locations, preferably in close proximity to secure their future.

Starbucks, like Walmart has a long history of shuttering unionized stores. I applaud this, but would offer that the union in question needs to step up quickly and lock up 3, 4 even 5 more locations, preferably in close proximity to secure their future.

One thing hopefully working in their favour is the lack of Starbucks nearby, since corporate closed the nearby Broadview and Jones locations during COVID.

Back