Another update on Station Pointe (I swear I'm not a shill, I just want some something nice to succeed in this area): I've noticed some unit and hallway lights on at night so I messaged them on Facebook to see if people were living there yet. The units aren't done yet, but they're hoping to start viewings and move-ins on about February 1st. I also asked when the pharmacy and daycare were expected to open, and they sent me a follow-up email stating that they'd respond further in the coming weeks because "We are still getting set up." So, it looks like the folks behind Station Pointe/Fort Crossing are just starting to ramp up their public-side efforts now, which must mean that they're getting close to wrapping up work on the site itself. On that note, they've recently begun posting on their Facebook page for the first time since July.

One last thing: When the RMS Builders signs first appeared, I contacted RMS to confirm that they were starting work on the building, and that the signs weren't just remnants from previous work done on the project. During that conversation, which was about a year ago or so, the manager/owner I spoke with mentioned that they were interested in developing a third building on the site. A lot has changed since then, but the commercial leasing brochure I mentioned before lists a third building behind the other two, on the south-west side of the lot. It is marked as "proposed multifamily residential." Hopefully it goes ahead, because that area needs more residents for its retail sector to thrive; a recent study found that the local retail market is currently oversaturated.

Another update on Station Pointe (I swear I'm not a shill, I just want some something nice to succeed in this area): I've noticed some unit and hallway lights on at night so I messaged them on Facebook to see if people were living there yet. The units aren't done yet, but they're hoping to start viewings and move-ins on about February 1st. I also asked when the pharmacy and daycare were expected to open, and they sent me a follow-up email stating that they'd respond further in the coming weeks because "We are still getting set up." So, it looks like the folks behind Station Pointe/Fort Crossing are just starting to ramp up their public-side efforts now, which must mean that they're getting close to wrapping up work on the site itself. On that note, they've recently begun posting on their Facebook page for the first time since July.

One last thing: When the RMS Builders signs first appeared, I contacted RMS to confirm that they were starting work on the building, and that the signs weren't just remnants from previous work done on the project. During that conversation, which was about a year ago or so, the manager/owner I spoke with mentioned that they were interested in developing a third building on the site. A lot has changed since then, but the commercial leasing brochure I mentioned before lists a third building behind the other two, on the south-west side of the lot. It is marked as "proposed multifamily residential." Hopefully it goes ahead, because that area needs more residents for its retail sector to thrive; a recent study found that the local retail market is currently oversaturated.
I hope this succeeds in this area, as well. I wouldn't get your hopes up for the originally planned 3rd building (or 4th or 5th!) on this site any time soon...
1612039054099.png

They never ended up emailing me back, but it looks like progress is being made. "Rent now" banners are hanging from some balconies, and the commercial leasing signs now state "daycare and pharmacy coming soon." These pictures were taken last night. What struck me the most is how much commercial space there is. Depending on the variety of stores which take up this space, I could imagine the third residential building going up. The area is nice and walkable; I'm not sure who is responsible, but the sidewalk is wide and has some benches and garbage cans. This will be some of the nicest retail space along this stretch of Fort Road, but that's not saying much given how dilapidated many of the other buildings in the area are.

Some of these pictures don't give a great view inside, because I tried to avoid drawing the attention of the staff and security guards inside some of the spaces.

Fort Crossing.PNG
The current status of Fort Crossing's commercial/retail spaces. This was pulled from its brochure, which is available here.

20210228_185008.jpg
A peek inside a residential entrance

20210228_185036.jpg20210228_185900.jpg
The future pharmacy's entrance, and the view south-west.

20210228_185135.jpg20210228_185157.jpg20210228_185225.jpg
The future daycare's space

20210228_185251.jpg20210228_185343.jpg20210228_185417.jpg20210228_185634.jpg
The other building, which currently has no commercial tenants pending.

^ Great pics.
Man, some awnings/canopies would really help that cold street presence. Those are definitely nice big sidewalks and hopefully some retailers open patios and add design elements to beautify. Could be a real boon for the area.
1614628923731.png1614628886549.png1614628815241.png
1614629536670.png

Attachments

• 1614629007137.png
    1614629007137.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 150
^ Great pics.
Man, some awnings/canopies would really help that cold street presence. Those are definitely nice big sidewalks and hopefully some retailers open patios and add design elements to beautify. Could be a real boon for the area.
View attachment 302873View attachment 302872View attachment 302871View attachment 302876
Agreed 100% - The rendering on the sales page does show canopies and a patio, so hopefully they're part of the final plan. I guess the patio is dependent on the type of tenant that occupies the space, but there's definitely potential for one.

Rendering Fort Crossing.jpg

They never ended up emailing me back, but it looks like progress is being made. "Rent now" banners are hanging from some balconies, and the commercial leasing signs now state "daycare and pharmacy coming soon." These pictures were taken last night. What struck me the most is how much commercial space there is. Depending on the variety of stores which take up this space, I could imagine the third residential building going up. The area is nice and walkable; I'm not sure who is responsible, but the sidewalk is wide and has some benches and garbage cans. This will be some of the nicest retail space along this stretch of Fort Road, but that's not saying much given how dilapidated many of the other buildings in the area are.

Some of these pictures don't give a great view inside, because I tried to avoid drawing the attention of the staff and security guards inside some of the spaces.

View attachment 302850
The current status of Fort Crossing's commercial/retail spaces. This was pulled from its brochure, which is available here.

View attachment 302843
A peek inside a residential entrance

View attachment 302842View attachment 302844
The future pharmacy's entrance, and the view south-west.

View attachment 302841View attachment 302840View attachment 302839
The future daycare's space

View attachment 302838View attachment 302837View attachment 302836View attachment 302835
The other building, which currently has no commercial tenants pending.
The pharmacy TI is currently ongoing. Daycare has yet to get in there. Here's a pic from the inside of the future daycare unit.
1614954764125.png

Awnings will be installed...
I'm guessing you're involved with the project? I'm so glad that you guys pushed through with this despite the challenges, and the reputation the project had. It'll be great to see this project wrap up, and I hope that third residential building can be constructed. This is some much needed development in the area.

What pharmacy is opening there?

Reference Id:Job No 398888247-002
Description:To develop a Comprehensive Sign Design Plan for (STATION POINTE).
Plan 0924862 Blk 3 Lot 1
Applicant:LED PROS LTD.
Create Date:2021/06/08
Neighbourhood:BELVEDERE

Reference Id:Job No 398888247-002
Description:To develop a Comprehensive Sign Design Plan for (STATION POINTE).
Plan 0924862 Blk 3 Lot 1
Applicant:LED PROS LTD.
Create Date:2021/06/08
Neighbourhood:BELVEDERE
20210718_142244.jpg
20210718_142255.jpg20210718_142305.jpg20210718_142316.jpg

The special rate is a good idea, but I don't think these pictures are from the space. I could be wrong, and I did ask for clarification, but I try to peek through the windows when I drive by there and it still looked like an empty shell recently. Hopefully the day care opens soon, and more businesses follow. According to the brochure, which you can access from this page, the other CRUs are still up for grabs. I guess the pizza place which used to be 'pending' fell through.

Back