News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

No that's not correct. In the August 23, 2010 TTC meeting the commission waived that power and deferred contract approvals and payment to Metrolinx for the 4 projects, effective September 1, 2010.

I'm a little confused about how this changes things. Does this mean that the next mayor could be opposed to transit city want to pull out and Metrolinx could keep on building LRTs? How much of the funding of Transit City is coming from Metrolinx and how much from the City?

I'm a little confused about how this changes things. Does this mean that the next mayor could be opposed to transit city want to pull out and Metrolinx could keep on building LRTs? How much of the funding of Transit City is coming from Metrolinx and how much from the City?

I believe so? I think they're fully Metrolinx funded.

I'm a little confused about how this changes things.
The previous poster had said that anything not accepted by the board by the end of the September 30th meeting will be up to the new TTC board.[/QUOTE]As the new TTC board doesn't sit until December, this pushes back decisions on tenders, etc., until at least December. It also diminishes the TTC's and Council's power to stop the projects.

Does this mean that the next mayor could be opposed to transit city want to pull out and Metrolinx could keep on building LRTs?
If the new mayor was completely opposed to the Sheppard East and Eglinton lines, and council also wanted to stop it, then there likely is a way. Could the new council find the 23 votes necessary to give up on an Eglinton subway?

How much of the funding of Transit City is coming from Metrolinx and how much from the City?
Of the first $2.9 billion (first 5 years), there is $2.6 billion from the provincial government and $333 million from the federal government. That's about 90% provincial, 10% federal, and 0% from the city.

Back