News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Reminds me of the poster for Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo, with the strategically placed leaning tower of Pisa.

Is that Matrix in his pocket, or is he just real happy to see some suckers, er, clients?

Looks awfully wet behind the ears - never even heard of this guy until he became the main photo here. Though he is well versed in the Brad Lamb/Russell Oliver brand of self-promotion.

I wouldn't trust any grown man who spends that much time in the gym.

I've been getting his leaflets almost every time I check my mailbox for ages now. Every time I see them, I wonder "Could this guy actually be #1?!"

If it makes it any better, I think the picture is doctored...

I've always wondered how plastering your face on a garbage can improves your image.

No no, Ed. I mean the one used in the ad.

You got a laugh out of me, interchange.

Howard

I indeed know Howard the CondoMan. I've worked with him in the past. He is very hard working and ambitious. I've met a lot of agents, he is above the rest.

Re: Howard

From the Post:

Stinson has new deal with club
Moving to 12th floor
Peter Kuitenbrouwer, National Post
Published: Thursday, March 15, 2007

Real estate developer Harry Stinson plans to announce this morning that he has struck a new deal to bring the venerable Ontario Club into The Suites at One King West, the condominium hotel on the corner of King and Yonge streets.

The Ontario Club said in January that it would move into One King West, taking over the former banking hall of the Dominion Bank of Canada, on the hotel's second floor. That hall has been largely vacant since Mr. Stinson's Dominion Club fizzled (though it will host the Miss Universe Canada pageant on Sunday).

Last week, the Ontario Club walked away from the banking hall deal, citing pressure from David Mirvish, the theatre impresario who holds a mortgage on the bottom few floors of the 52-storey building.

Mr. Stinson said yesterday that he and the club have figured out a way around that problem. The Ontario Club will now go to the 12th floor of the building, a portion controlled by the condominium corporation that owns most of the 572 suites in the tower.

The condo corporation and the club will hold a news conference at 10 a.m. today on the 12th floor to give details of the move.

Pkuitenbrouwer@nationalpost.com

AoD

From the Star:

Historic Ontario Club finds new home

The historic Ontario Club, which had been operating under the threat of losing its premises after its lease expired, has found a new headquarters in a last-minute deal.

The prestigious Bay Street institution, which serves its last meals this week and is set to move out of its Commerce Court headquarters by month's end, had been in danger of becoming homeless after a planned move fell through.

The club is expected to announce today that it will move into the 12th floor of 1 King West, the former home of the Dominion Bank of Canada, and the site of a condominium hotel.

"I think we've created an elegant solution to the problems the club has been facing, and we're finally at one more step towards creating the grand vision of a hotel we had seven years ago," developer Harry Stinson said yesterday.

The club was originally set to move into the second floor ballroom area of 1 King W. on March 1, until a court dispute broke out between Stinson and business partner David Mirvish.

Last weekend the club discussed an alternate venue with the building unit owners.

Stinson has filed for protection under the Companies' Creditors Arrangement Act for two companies in the project.

A separate lawsuit filed against Mirvish by unit holders claims the building has deficiencies. Mirvish, a high-profile theatre owner, has refuted all claims.

Bob Clark, the chair of the club, said his members didn't want to get in the middle of the disagreement, which partly involves the ballroom, on which Mirvish holds a mortgage.

"We were really caught in the middle. But we think we have found a good solution." The 12th floor area was originally meant to be a residents' lounge and is owned by the condominium corporation, so is not an area in dispute, Stinson said.

"It will be a neutral area, kind of like Switzerland on the 12th floor" quipped Stinson, adding the Ontario Club hosts many in the diplomatic community.

The popular haunt of Bay Street executives was supposed to move to 1 King W. on March 1 before its lease at Commerce Court expired, but the move had been jeopardized, said Stinson.

As a result, club and condo representatives met Tuesday until after midnight to hammer out a deal.

"We both knew that if we didn't find a solution it could be quite damaging to both of our organizations," Clark said.

Resident unit owners of 1 King W. will be able to use Ontario Club facilities free, Stinson said.

I indeed know Howard the CondoMan. I've worked with him in the past. He is very hard working and ambitious. I've met a lot of agents, he is above the rest.
It's sort of funny how Howard "likes" downtown instead of "loves."

Back