News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

$125 million? Holy cow.

It does sound like the best option to have the rail pass under the street.

$125 million? Holy cow.

It does sound like the best option to have the rail pass under the street.

On my first brush through this document (quick mind you) it sorta gave me the impression that the purpose was to write a document that killed this project....thus recommending the option that was $80 million higher in cost than the next most expensive option.

Just an impression but that is what the city did to kill the Front Street extension.....they never really said no they just built up the options and costs to the point where everyone could see that, at that cost, the benefit of the extension were not worth it.

At least they want to build the best. Sometimes it's better to wait rather than rushing to go with the mediocre option, because future generations will have to live with it.

I don't understand what this has to do with East York...

The same reason York is connected with Etobicoke, even though the borders are not. Community Councils.
2004ccmainsts_sized.gif

Personally I think they did choose the best option. It just sounded to me like they wanted GO to pick up the tab.

As a regular pedestrian user of Strachan Ave and after reading the three options, I do agree that their prefered option is the one to go with.

It cant be that huge of a disruption eithier to GO - there building the 400 under parts of the CN and CP mainline during the extension north while leaving the alignment intact - and that alignment is mere single rail and also heavily travelled. Too bad its gonna take a gazzalion years to get done.

Doing this will also allow for the FSE-replacement 'local road' connecting E Liberty St. and Front St. to be built over the tracks relatively easily.

I recently walked through the crossing for the first time, and I must say it was a little weird walking over 4 tracks in the middle of the city.

Back