News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Mississauga Route 230 = 87

For many years the 230 route in Mississauga was known as the "phantom" route. It was not even shown on the MT route map. Since the route was extended a couple of years ago, it is now shown on the map but I would think it would be the least known route in Miss.

Mississauga route 230 ("Sheridan Express") used to be route 87, before MT bumped the express route numbers to the 200's around the fall of 2005. There was probably a lag before the changed route number appeared on posted maps.

I like taking the 97 Yonge bus when I can, though it's very infrequent and takes forever due to the stops in stations. It reminds me that there's a city up there and taking it downtown is like a ride on a bizarro Vomit Comet.

Love the 97! It doesent make much sense as a bus route, but it's nice to travel along Yonge at street level during the day, you don't see much at 3 AM on the blue night!

Love the 97! It doesent make much sense as a bus route, but it's nice to travel along Yonge at street level during the day, you don't see much at 3 AM on the blue night!

It makes perfect sense as a bus route, unless you enjoy walking almost 1100m to a station, or walking 500m up one of the steepest hills in the city, etc.

It takes forever to get downtown but no one rides that far on it during the day.

It makes perfect sense as a bus route, unless you enjoy walking almost 1100m to a station, or walking 500m up one of the steepest hills in the city, etc.

It takes forever to get downtown but no one rides that far on it during the day.

I do. I find it far more peaceful and relaxing than the subway.

I always see st least three or four people on the 97 when it passes by. Most of them seem to be older folks who probably have mobility issues. College would be a hard station to use if you had trouble walking and on stairs. Any station would be hard if you were in a wheelchair, even with an elevator.

Ages ago, I lived in Hamilton and worked in Burlington. To get to work, I took the GO Bus from Hamilton to Burlington station, then Burlington transit route 7 to work. The 7 route was a rush hour only route designed to ferry people to/from the GO station in the am/pm. I used it the reverse way and was usually the only passenger. One day a BT supervisor pulled up in a car and said the bus broke down. He drove me directly to my office's front door.

I remember doing the 97B Yonge run back when the TTC was still using 30' Orion II buses for it. I didn't go all the way, but I trekked up to Steeles and made it as far south as College before I had to bail and head home. It was a neat way to see the city.

...James

At this time of year, getting on a bus in the evening rush hour with windows crusted with road salt so that you can't see anything but random lights outside certainly makes any route 'interesting'.

Pre-automated announcement, this would have been a real adventure!

Anyone know that history behind 99 Arrow?? I find that the strangest route in the city. It just goes in a big circle. Whi does it even serve??

It's for the TTC bus garage on Arrow Road, to get the TTC employees to the garage. Same as the Mount Dennis route.

Wow, really?? That makes sense, but I never thought the TTC would operate a route like that.

EDIT: I thought the Mount Dennis bus garage was finished but not in use yet because the TTC has no money.

EDIT: I thought the Mount Dennis bus garage was finished but not in use yet because the TTC has no money.
Opened in November - you know, when they they started running all the bus routes on evenings and weekends, and increased peak service by nearly 100 buses.

I rode it from Sheppard to Rosehill station.......now that I think about it there seemed to be quite a few people using it as a regular service bus......but the woman beside me complained of the infrequent service; probably because of the subway.

Back