Thank you for replying my question. My friend bought a unit on low level in west tower ( phase 1) and things got tough on her finance due to Covid.
She is worried that since Menkes has a good reputation for completion as scheduled, her unit will be completed in 2022 summer.
She hopes the completion gets delayed as long as possible.
Do you think the occupancy will be delayed as well as closing? Can you guess ? thanks for your reply in advance. She will really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Thank you for replying my question. My friend bought a unit on low level in west tower ( phase 1) and things got tough on her finance due to Covid.
She is worried that since Menkes has a good reputation for completion as scheduled, her unit will be completed in 2022 summer.
She hopes the completion gets delayed as long as possible.
Do you think the occupancy will be delayed as well as closing? Can you guess ? thanks for your reply in advance. She will really appreciate it.
It is too early to know. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wasting your time.

Hi, I have a question. my friend bought a unit number of 16XX, but her contract says it is on level 9. She thought her unit is on level 16. Why is this? Is her unit on the 9th floor? How come there is a big difference?
She is worried now because since her unit is close to the Gardiner expressway and if her unit is really on level 9, it will be noisy..

Hi, I have a question. my friend bought a unit number of 16XX, but her contract says it is on level 9. She thought her unit is on level 16. Why is this? Is her unit on the 9th floor? How come there is a big difference?
She is worried now because since her unit is close to the Gardiner expressway and if her unit is really on level 9, it will be noisy..
She needs to contact Menkes and get it explained to her. If she used a lawyer to go over the sales contract (which everyone should do when purchasing) that person could look over the contract and call on her behalf.

Does anybody know why my friend's unit contract says her unit will be on level 9 even if the unit number starts with 16? She asked me but I have no idea.. I thought her unit should be on 16th floor..
Is there any expert who know the answer?

Does anybody know why my friend's unit contract says her unit will be on level 9 even if the unit number starts with 16? She asked me but I have no idea.. I thought her unit should be on 16th floor..
I'd get her to chat with her lawyer. Crazy that this wasn't made clear when purchasing.

Reactions: DSC
The unit number isn't the only documentation in the drawings, contract, etc. I bought a small corner unit that starts with 76 but is on the 61st floor. As I understand it, unlucky 4 will not be included in any floor numbers and for all I know, maybe they're omitting good old #13 as well. That would only account for a gap of 3, though. As you just said, it's in the unit contract. So she knew this upon signing.

The unit number isn't the only documentation in the drawings, contract, etc. I bought a small corner unit that starts with 76 but is on the 61st floor. As I understand it, unlucky 4 will not be included in any floor numbers and for all I know, maybe they're omitting good old #13 as well. That would only account for a gap of 3, though. As you just said, it's in the unit contract. So she knew this upon signing.
Possibly because all floors are not in this condo plan and certainly, as noted above, if a floor number is omitted the level numbers are consecutive.

I hv received email from Menkes, saying, they are now setting a subsequent Tentative Occupancy Date of July 4, 2022.

may i know what it means and imply ? Seems no delay for completion ?

I hv received email from Menkes, saying, they are now setting a subsequent Tentative Occupancy Date of July 4, 2022.

may i know what it means and imply ? Seems no delay for completion ?
It means they plan on allowing buyers to move in on the 7th month of next year or there abouts. It does not mean that this project will be completed by then...but rather deemed safe enough that the new occupant won't get shmushed by an accidentally falling I-beam while taking their dog out for a walk in the morning in an example or something similar.

It means they plan on allowing buyers to move in on the 7th month of next year or there abouts. It does not mean that this project will be completed by then...but rather deemed safe enough that the new occupant won't get shmushed by an accidentally falling I-beam while taking their dog out for a walk in the morning in an example or something similar.

And more particularly - the City building inspectors have signed off on the key life safety systems in the sections of the building for which an occupancy permit is being sought.

1161664E-2F18-4327-AF1F-EB2787040EE5.jpeg
hello everyone just wanted to inquire for those that purchased a sugar wharf unit when you were told the the first tentative occupancy date for the west tower to be 2nd may 2022? So based on their response I guess it’s a delay? No surprise but just wanted to see if the information you got as well is the same

Back