News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Okay, I think there are several ways of using newspaper articles.

1. Purely informative purposes - no opinions needed, usually used as a thread starter.

2. Updates - response to existing threads, updating the topic at hand. Critique as necessary.

3. Rebuttal - used as a response to posting by others - bold/underline the relevant section. Avoid opinion/editorial pieces.

Feel free to add more.

GB

I usually read the newspapers in the morning, so I find it tiresome when the same articles are posted by someone in the afternoon, or the next day, without any comment.

It's like getting on a stretcar or subway car at the end of the day and finding those freebie newspapers still scattered all over the place.

Funny, I really like the threads that begin with a newspaper article. And I certainly don't mind if I saw the piece already in the paper (I just skip ahead to people's comments) or if the person posting the article says nothing (and leaves the comments to others). I must admit that I am guilty of posting articles myself, and I don't leave comments (usually) allowing the article to speak for itself.

Putting the articles in a seperate area would break the damn fine organization of the board.

What I do not like in the Projects and Construction section are posts about lists and what is on the other "skycraper.com"- like sites. Posts like that should be put in the general section as lists have nothing to do with "Projects and Construction" in the city. Posts about lists, even if they discuss new projects, are still posts about lists.

Back