8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

ambivalent

Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm planning a date around Royal Ontario Museum. Never been there myself, so I'm wondering approximately how long it takes to tour the whole museum? And where would be a nice restaurant serving top-notch dessert near by (preferably in Yorkville)?

Thanks,

I went to the ROM on a date as well (or at least I think its a date). We were there around 7:50pm til 9:30pm. Friday nights the ROM open for extended hours til 9:30pm.

..and there are couple of sofas scattered in discreet areas where I noticed couples snuggled up.

If you're going to be at the ROM, why not check out C5 restaurant that's right upstairs. If you're looking to impress, I hear that's the place to do it.

http://www.c5restaurant.ca/

I just checked that place out on the internet...it's a nice place but a dinner for two is normally at $150...wow! It makes hotdogs from the vendor across the street sound so yummy now :p j/k

Here's what I'd do on a date:

ROM: 1 hour max. $50 entrance fee (my attention span, and gf's, is tiny.:))

Glass of wine@C5: $25

Shopping on Bloor West: $10,000

Dinner at Opus (Prince Arthur): $300

Night at the Hazelton Hotel: $10,000

Total: $21,000 or so.

Here's what I'd do on a date:

ROM: 1 hour max. $50 entrance fee (my attention span, and gf's, is tiny.:))

Glass of wine@C5: $25

Shopping on Bloor West: $10,000

Dinner at Opus (Prince Arthur): $300

Night at the Hazelton Hotel: $10,000

Total: $21,000 or so.

Seeing her smile and getting a second date: Priceless

Seriously though... Lobby across the street has great desserts and drinks or Sassafraz in Yorkville. If you want something more low key and cheaper, try Carole's Cheesecake Cafe also in Yorkville.

so here's an update:

we spent about 2 hours in ROM. I found online there's this pie place on Yorkville street has good reviews, so we went to check that out...unfortunately it moved to Kengsinton market...but we carried out our secondary plan, which is a walk on the P.A.T.H. and finally settled in one of the restaurants on King West. It may not be as fancy as Opus (as urbandreamer would do :p) but it achieved the safe effect ;)

Next time I think we'd try out that Carole's cheesecake cafe place...looks pretty good.

You must have been exhausted after two hours in the museum. Fatigue usually sets in for most people after about an hour.

Back