News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea! Too bad the Ford brothers would prefer to build an NFL stadium here.

Should go forward with the Downsview Secondary plan. This area its been empty for years and it's time to start some real development. I personally not a fan of NFL so I definitely oppose the suggestion from Major Ford (build a NFL Stadium). BTW, what's going to happen to CFL if NFL landed?

Last edited:
Why not name it "Don Mills North"?

It looks nice, though.

(Ford would prefer a giant parking lot)

I don't want to see a NFL stadium here!!

These are fantastic ideas / renders.... it looks like a great use of the land.

Oh! The NFL this is real? I thought you were joking! Lol. Wow. That idiot never ceases to amaze me.

Overall, I like it. A couple criticisms -- most of the buildings seem to have overly large setbacks from the street. Also, I would like to see more residential density in the immediate area around the TTC and Go stations.

Ugh, what do they put right next to the subway/GO station? Low rise commercial.
Where are the residential towers? As far away as possible.

I sent a letter to every member of the North York Community council when they were deliberating on this proposal. In short, I stated my opinion that while it would seen logical and reasonable to have the park developed using private funds through the sale of land, in the long-term interests of this city this idea is insane. This is a one in 500 year opportunity to preserve a chunk of land in the heart of the metropolitan area for non-development usage. In the long-term it would be far better to do nothing on this site, let it go fallow, until such a time as leadership in this city can implement a reasonable strategy to move forward. I would much prefer nothing to happen here in my life-time than for this proposal to be implemented.

They can only build low rises by the GO/Subways station because there's an active airport nearby. Guess you guys didn't notice the landing strip and yes Downsview is still being used - by Bombardier.

Beware a Federal government bearing gifts. Let them parc their largesse somewhere else. TrickyRicky may be onto to something, let it go fallow .

How is it absurd? Height restrictions close to airports are implemented for a very good reason. I don't think I need to explain why. If your suggestion that the airport be removed, maybe you should give some consideration to the people that work at Bombardiers airspace division first. Whats the point of building a new residential development if your going to remove employment lands(which provide well paying jobs) to do so.

Back