News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

what's so wrong with building a stadium at downsview park? had the ford brothers proposed a new stadium downtown, i doubt there would be such a big backlash. There's a subway line accessible to the site, and a stadium does not mean no future growth in the area. In fact it would attract growth while raising Toronto's status on the whole. It's relatively close to 'downtown' NYCC and would be a strong impetus later on to bridge the gap between downsview and sheppard stations with a subway line. The idea is a win-win if done tastefully; meaning the stadium is well designed and the site allows for future residential and commercial intensification.

I'm not seeing why Mayor Ford thinks it is a good use of his time to champion a new football stadium when we have so many other issues to deal with, and so many projects in need of funding. If I am not mistaken, the last football stadium cost the public something like $625 million and the only reason it is off the books is because we sold it for something like $25 million and took a loss. That deal had to be the thickest gravy ever.

The plans look lovely, but that is a lot of housing to put near an airport. People generally do not prefer to live beside an airport. More of the plan needs to be Park.

I wish the renders would've shown more green on the roof....having less than 20% of the roof covered with potted trees doesn't really scream sustainable for initial renderings.

Back