8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Ronald

Member Bio
Reaction score
These pics were taken on my 3 trips down to Miami in November, December and January. I mostly focused my photo shooting on Downtown and South Beach. Hopefully one day I’ll get to return and take more pictures of individual neighborhoods like Coral Gables. There’s still a lot left to discover in the city.

First off, let’s head to Downtown!

IMG_0923.jpg

Approaching Downtown from the North.

IMG_1541.jpg

Cars and scrapers as far as the eye can see, that’s Miami for ya.

IMG_1544.jpg

Now let’s get the heck out of traffic. Looking over the older part of Downtown from the roof of the parking garage where I parked.

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

The monorail isn’t really used by commuters, it’s more of a showoff-tourist attraction, much like it is in Seattle.

IMG_1561.jpg

Now let’s walk down Brickell Ave, the main drag of the newer part of the downtown area, where all the financial institutions are located, as well as a good amount of condos.

Some of the newer condos.

IMG_1569.jpg

More condos.

IMG_1571.jpg

Looking down Brickell Ave from the Brickell Bridge.

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

Steadily walking down Brickell Ave.

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

Quite the streetcanyon, isn’t it?

IMG_1587.jpg

Though overall Downtown owes its appeal more to the quantity of skyscrapers rather than the quality of the individual ones, this one was a notable exception.

IMG_1588.jpg

Entrance to the building pictured above.

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

Let’s head towards the water.

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

Back at the Brickell Bridge, looking towards South Beach in the distance.

IMG_1601.jpg

On my way to South Beach, I stopped at an island in the bay to take some skyline shots.

IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

We’re getting there.

IMG_0928.jpg

South Beach.

IMG_1605.jpg

Washington Ave, one of South Beach’s main thoroughfares.

IMG_1608.jpg

Despite being a tourist hub, bustling with activity, there are quite a few more quiet residential areas like this.

IMG_1610.jpg

There’s also a small pedestrian zone with architecture reminding me of my visits to Spain.

IMG_1615.jpg

I could easily mistake this for Barcelona.

IMG_1616.jpg

Along Collins Ave, near Ocean Drive.

IMG_1617.jpg

Another pedestrian zone, the Lincoln Street Mall.

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

Now let’s see some beach! The famous boulevard of Ocean Drive.

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

Some nighttime shots taken along (or near) Ocean Drive.

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg
\

IMG_1163.jpg

Gotta love Art Deco.

IMG_1150.jpg

Of course, South Beach wouldn’t be South Beach without the classic cars.

IMG_1195.jpg

Hope you enjoyed walking with me!

IMG_0932.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics. Sunbelt cities are never as boring as their reputation. Still, what's up with Brickell avenue? Is there retail and a lot of pedestrians at the base or is it just upper Bay St. on steroids?

If you're still in town, you should check out the Bacardi HQ and maybe report back on how jumping Calle Ocho is.

Ronald, many thanks for the excellent pics from the foreclosed condo capital of America! It’s nice to see you in front of some palm trees, too – as opposed to when you gave us that tour of Rotterdam on a very grey Dutch afternoon!

Hipster, it's a really monotone street in terms of land use- not much more going on than offices and residences. The older part of downtown sports much more retail, tho. It's also much more populated by pedestrians.

Dan, spot on. Not many states have been hit as hard by foreclosures as Florida, though California and Nevada are up there too.

Last edited:
Good pictures Ronald. Brickell Avenue looks a bit bleak overall, with so many new condos and not much else to add variety. South Beach is very much more interesting.

Hope you're enjoying your time in Florida. Keep some sunscreen handy.

South Beach seems strangely familiar....Oh yeah!! It's from GTA Vice City, lol!!
The CSI Miami crew always make the city seem incredibly cool, but they are actually not. None the less, many condos, a lot of the dosntown really is like Toronto on steroids =P.
LOL @ "Foreclosed Condo Capital of America" ---> So true!
Now I'm wondering what canada's equivalent would be, Vancouver??

A nice picture tour of Miami...

Ronald: Good pics from Miami! I have never been to South Florida but I would have probably enjoyed exploring Miami.

Did you use Metrorail or the People Mover? How about the Tri-Rail Commuter Rail service for that matter?

Downtown Miami looks quite large but definitely explorable but I will give the nod to Miami Beach and South Beach which are quite inviting...

Mentioning transport again-I have heard that Miami drivers can be quite agressive and the traffic can be tough am I right?

Just cue up the music from the 80s television series "Miami Vice" - appropriate as background music here! LI MIKE

Last edited:

Back