News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Tamil Protest

• Total voters
Other...they can protest but all protesters must wave the Canadian flag or no flag at all. No children shall be allowed to protest/be brainwashed. Ideally, Toronto needs a "Protest/free speech square" where such protests should be tolerated/encouraged. Perhaps at Yonge and Bloor?

I have no problem with public protests aimed at pressuring governments to adopt more progressive policies. When hundreds of us sat and blocked the intersection of Yonge and Bloor one night in 1981, to protest the police raids on Toronto's steam baths, it grabbed attention for the cause of gay rights and was an expression of a larger movement for change that was actually rather successful. I hope these people have similar success.

Whether or not the Tamil Tigers are terrorists (which I thought wasn't even something anyone doubted) is not relevant to whether or not Tamil Canadians have the right to protest the atrocities being committed in their country.

Although the wording doesn't exactly reflect it I imagine the intention of the third option was "I'm not supporting the protests because the protesters are supporting a banned terrorist organization" as opposed to not supporting the protests because they are disrupting people's daily lives.

Back